Instant rubble just one prop? Without material?

Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Just bought instant rubble and there is just one prob without any materials? Is this correct? The description is not very helpful.

Post edited by Lothar Weber on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863

The description says "Versatile prop with multiple clusters that can be moved, rotated, tilted, scaled, or duplicated... Creates unique patterns depending on the height, including complete piles or just scattered pieces, fully adjustable to any scene in no time." and the details say "17 rubble props (large/small) with individual scale, position, and rotation control" and "Remove props for faster rendering" and "Duplicate props for extra detail" - however, it also says "Main Rubble object controls all 17 props"

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

maybe try loading it into your scene...?

it will probably load as a group with a bunch of smaller untis that will have textures.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Well. Tried it again. There is ONE set in this product. In there are two groups with two different sizes. And 15 instances...  mmmh fairly disappointed... need to try that in an environment. 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

For what you want to do, I can't suggest this ( https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascatterpro ) enough.

It takes a little bit of learning curve, but once you get the hang of it...  It will let you pick any prop you own and scatter it, using instances, across the surface of any item in your scene. You can restrict by height, the different surfaces, and have it randomly set the instances scale and rotation.

There are just too many different features to explain simply. Hence the learning curve.

• cridgit said:

I suggest you start keeping a naughty list and simply don't buy from those vendors, like many of us do nowadays (DAZ QA has been MIA for several years now). And then there are other fab vendors I buy on the spot because I can count on their quality.

i only buy from this particular naughty A lister out of dumb curiosity and only when the items are so massively discounted (which they frequently are)...

i still get burnt!

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

SolitarySandpiper said:

cridgit said:

I suggest you start keeping a naughty list and simply don't buy from those vendors, like many of us do nowadays (DAZ QA has been MIA for several years now). And then there are other fab vendors I buy on the spot because I can count on their quality.

i only buy from this particular naughty A lister out of dumb curiosity and only when the items are so massively discounted (which they frequently are)...

i still get burnt!

When available for $1.99 - which happens frequently - the products are totally worth the money... or even when costing more, when one wants to recreate the promo pictures coming with them. Some are just not very flexible to use... but they all look nice and very detailed.

So for me it's rather a case of "you get what you see, no more, no less" which I encounter with quite a few artists here and also at other shops. Taught me to read the descriptions really, really, REALLY carefully and check the "file lists" (if available) to find out what I might really get for my money.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2022

I don't have that particular item but knowing this PA, it doesn't surprise me that it's just one prop.
    It should have textures, though. It says it includes textures in the description.

I too only buy from this PA when heavily discounted. I'm talking $2 and below.
    For that kind of price it's totally worth it, though.

Post edited by Hylas on