Listing of daz3d hair working with unreal engine.

I've brought my characters almost to full perfection, but they lack good looking hair, so I ask you:

Does anyone of you know what daz3d hair is looking good/realistic in unreal engine with the necessity of just some minor adjustments/optimizations

like polyreductions, applying a texture mask (translucency is too glitchy in UE, esp. with glass/refractions...) etc.?

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

Macislav said:

I've brought my characters almost to full perfection, but they lack good looking hair, so I ask you:

Does anyone of you know what daz3d hair is looking good/realistic in unreal engine with the necessity of just some minor adjustments/optimizations

like polyreductions, applying a texture mask (translucency is too glitchy in UE, esp. with glass/refractions...) etc.?

you are means making a custom material hair? or hairs which already look good just using the bridge????

to be fair hair is aways a issue for all game engines, the most "close to good" unreal is using now, system is the new groom system which can make some really good hair but it's not perfect and also have some issue like "too high poly" or perfomance demanding for game specially the most "complex hairs like afro hairs 

• MacislavMacislav Posts: 126

I mean hair, which looks good/realistic (not cartoony) out of the box.

Macislav said:

I mean hair, which looks good/realistic (not cartoony) out of the box.

hmm but with the default settings of the bridge or a custom made or both? 

Any hair, which can be imported through diffeomorphic into blender-->ue4.

Macislav said:

Any hair, which can be imported through diffeomorphic into blender-->ue4.

hmm ok, well since i'm only using daz to unreal bridge to export stuffs and only using polygons hairs then i can't help you since what you want is not my way. 

Polygon hair is good as well. Can you recommend any?

Macislav said:

Polygon hair is good as well. Can you recommend any?

here you can find a list of most of the hairs i'm using for game

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6764536/#Comment_6764536

most of the hairs i'm using are from this list.