Free Carrara Items related to Carrara Challenge #58 - It's a Kind of Magic -

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
edited May 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Feel free to share any files or lighting setups or links with other members of the Carrara community here.

Here's a few magical symbols made with Philmeno's excellent cutout plugin . - Carrara Time Savers - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

The triquetre as clumsily modelled in the model room. The triple spiral you can take into the model room, select all and then Model>add thickness

I’m not sure how to upload a car file to sharecg – so hints on that would be handy.

These are just a couple of magical symbols. The txt suffix needs to be changed to car.

txt
txt
triquetra - Copy.txt
txt
txt
Triple-Spiral-Symbolthin.txt
5M
txt
txt
CELTIC TRISKELE - Copy.txt
Untitled-1.jpg
1021 x 1026 - 199K
Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

to upload to ShareCG what I do is zip up the items and name the zip file accordingly for I.D. with no spaces and then just upload to my account at ShareCG and select the options for Carrara.. I use 7-zip to zip everything up.

same for the forum here... wink

just attach the zip file to your post like you would an image.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited May 2021

if this helps anyone .. I just knocked up a hat and wand ( modelled )

and I've added my bunny with a carrot as well.. it's all in the zip file wink

Magician Bundle.png
    640 x 480 - 91K
    zip
    zip
    MagicianBundle.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Stezza said:

if this helps anyone .. I just knocked up a hat and wand ( modelled )

and I've added my bunny with a carrot as well.. it's all in the zip file wink

plus he will be handy for Easter - thanks Stezza :) thanks for the zip heads up too

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thank you, Headwax

Thank you, Stezza

Much appreciated

edited May 2021

Here is a free version of my Crystal Ball WIP.

The crystal ball is a sphere made of 3 layers.  The idea is to have the outermost sphere have a glass shader.  The middle layer can have a cloudy shader.  The innermost layer is designed to have a spherical render applied.  In the zip, I have included a template for the uvmap and an example with a spherical render from a Howie Farks scene for the innermost layer along with the CAR file.

See attached zip.

zip
    zip
    Crystal Ball ZIP.zip
    1M
    BB03 crystal ball forest.jpg
    800 x 600 - 38K
    aa15 put spherical on uvmap.jpg
    993 x 897 - 130K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

The crystal ball is a sphere made of 3 layers.  The idea is to have the outermost sphere have a glass shader.  The middle layer can have a cloudy shader.  The innermost layer is designed to have a spherical render applied.  In the zip, I have included a template for the uvmap and an example with a spherical render from a Howie Farks scene for the innermost layer along with the CAR file.

See attached zip.

yay, that's a beauty - I made one yeserday but I like yours better !! thanks 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited May 2021

Some Magic Sparklies

Magic Sparkly 1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Magic Sparkly 2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Magic Sparkly 3.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Magic Sparkly 4.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Magic Sparkly 5.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Zip files

zip
    zip
    Magic Sparkly 1.zip
    1M
    zip
    zip
    Magic Sparkly 2.zip
    1M
    zip
    zip
    Magic Sparkly 3.zip
    1M
    zip
    zip
    Magic Sparkly 4.zip
    1M
    zip
    zip
    Magic Sparkly 5.zip
    1M
  • mschackmschack Posts: 337
    edited May 2021

Butterfly.  I did not include the texture because it would not upload, probably there is a size limit.  The UVs are set up and ready to go to add your own wing texture, or just make them procedural...

zip
    zip
    butterfly1.zip
    butterfly.JPG
    1858 x 1080 - 196K
    Post edited by mschack on

thanks Bunyip02 et Mschack - looking forward to having a play with them!!

Headwax said:

thanks Bunyip02 et Mschack - looking forward to having a play with them!!

+1

edited June 2021

Here is a freebie vintage barrel.  I might use it in another idea I have.  See attached zip file.

I've also included the texture map that I used as an attachment to this post if you get a load error.

zip
    zip
    Barrel for Magic Dio Zip.zip
    Barrel for Magic Dio Test Render.jpg
    800 x 600 - 30K
    Barrel 3 Wood Map.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 285K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

presets between pc and mac

i'm on a win10pc, carrara set to feet.

what happens if the preset is opened on a mac set to cm ?  it's going to work okay?

if i use a pbr shader and the machine it goes to doesn't have the pbr plugin,whats going to happen?

Diomede said:

Here is a freebie vintage barrel.  I might use it in another idea I have.  See attached zip file.

I've also included the texture map that I used as an attachment to this post if you get a load error.

thank  you Diomede :) that willc ome in handy!

sorry Mysty don't know the answer to that one

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Mystiara said:

presets between pc and mac

i'm on a win10pc, carrara set to feet.

A - what happens if the preset is opened on a mac set to cm ?  it's going to work okay?

B - if i use a pbr shader and the machine it goes to doesn't have the pbr plugin,whats going to happen?

A - Carrara will automatically convert to the proper size - either making the file in the Mac use 'feet' or giving it the proper dimensions using the metric system.

B - An Error Has Occurred, as the plugin is required to utilize the shader contents

mschack said:

Butterfly.  I did not include the texture because it would not upload, probably there is a size limit.  The UVs are set up and ready to go to add your own wing texture, or just make them procedural...

flutterbysheart thanks 

Headwax said:

Feel free to share any files or lighting setups or links with other members of the Carrara community here.

Here's a few magical symbols made with Philmeno's excellent cutout plugin . - Carrara Time Savers - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

The triquetre as clumsily modelled in the model room. The triple spiral you can take into the model room, select all and then Model>add thickness

I’m not sure how to upload a car file to sharecg – so hints on that would be handy.

These are just a couple of magical symbols. The txt suffix needs to be changed to car.

its like Merlin's circle stuff 

Diomede said:

See attached zip.

think there a way to turn that into a container for the volumetric fire primitive?

it has cube and cylinder, but what about cusom shape, like a sphere or a taurus.  a ring of fire! 

Mystiara said:

found a couple things in store to help with an I Am Dragon  
    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-fire-within-genesis-8-and-81
    https://www.daz3d.com/lightning-cosmetics-for-genesis-8.1-males-and-females

looks good Mysty - yes that three spiral thingy is a trispiral thingy :)

edited June 2021

Here is a free 3 light setup of 3 models of spotlights.  see attached zip.

zip
    zip
    Zip 3 Spot OBJ.zip
    Interface 3 light freebie preview.jpg
    1881 x 965 - 222K

And here is an object to look like a Carrara camera canonical   See attached zip.

zip
    zip
    Zip OBJ Camera Carrara.zip
    obj camera freebie pic.jpg
    1252 x 617 - 107K

Thanks Ted. That will come in handy for making tutorials!