octane plug-in activation

VaesarkVaesark Posts: 2
edited June 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Hello, I'm having a problem with the octane plug-in, I can't find how to activate it (or any other plug-in), and the search for guides or instructions lead me to dead links and unrelated information, any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the problem:

I recently changed my old card, a 1080ti for a RTX3070. I've installed the latest drivers:466.47 and opened carrara to see if it works, the scene loaded but all the shaders using octane where not loading in the 3D view, I opened the octane plugin and try to render but nothing happens. I checked to see if octane recognizes the new card, it did but it would not let me check "active". I assumed that I needed to update octane and it's carrara plug in. These are the versions that I installed:

Octane Render enterprise standalone: 2020.2.3
Octane Render enterprise render node: 2020.2.3
Octane enterprise for carrara: 2020.1

I think these are the latest ones, correct?

Problem is, after installing them, for some reason carrara restored it's default configuration, not a problem on itself. But now the plug-in is nowhere to be found. The octane render options no longer appear on the "edit" menu in carrara and I can't find a way to activate the plug-in, did I miss some step? how do I enable the plug in again?

- Win 10
- 32 gb ram
- RTX 3070
- Nvidia driver: 466.47
- Carrara version 8.5.1 pro build 19
- OctaneRender for Carrara: 2020.1

update: seems like I fixed it but now my license won't work, but that's a problem for octane most likely. Nothing to do here anymore but I don't see any option to delete the post, sorry about that. 

Post edited by Vaesark on

Comments

• Have you tried to deactivate and activate your license manually from octane site or asked the Support there?