Errors upon opening a Materials Pre-Set texture

tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I obtained a material pre-set called EVA from sharecg by Midnightrider. I understand it is a texture to be applied to the Genesis Female.
It is located in My Library\People\Genesis\Materials\!EVA\ and has Eva.duf and Eva.duf.png. There are also a number of jpg files in My Library\Runtime\Textures\!Eva.

I load the Genesis Base Female (I also tried the Genesis 2 Base Female); I call for the !EVA Materials and can see the icon in the Content library. But when I double click a texture is not applied to the Character/Actor and instead I get two small windows flash, that are too quick to detect what they say.

I checked the user manual, and did a Google search but cannot find anything that might help me determine the issue.

I also do not know how to access the Log, as it is not mentioned in the User manual or come up in a search in the knowledge base.

Your assistance is appreciated as I am very new to DAZ 3D. I have DAZ 3D 4.7 and on a Windows 8.1 PC.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Well, the log file is easy enough, just go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File and it should load for you. Go to the bottom of the file and work backwards looking for you problem.

I will down load and try this myself, but in the meantime, are you sure that you installed everything into the correct folders?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 2014

Eva is for Genesis and uses V4 UVs. Genesis used Victoria 4 UVs as her default, but Genesis 2 Female does not.
    (Genesis and Genesis 2 Female are separate figures. Genesis predates G2F/G2M)

To use Eva on G2F, you'll need the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product.
    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Here she is on a default G2F, the upper right shows it's using the V4 UVs (dear god that default specular is blinding).

eva.png
    1920 x 1050 - 625K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

I got it to load as well, with no problem, apart from the glaring specular.

The OP must have put the texture files into the wrong folder I think.

• tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your prompt response. It is really appreciated. Bottom line, it looks like I need Victoria 4, although I have Victoria 6.

There is an indication that some files are in the wrong location. Do I need to move any.

Have a great day! And thanks again for your trouble.

edited December 1969

You don't need V4, Genesis comes with UV maps for V4, M4 and K4 out of the box.

You just need to put the folders from the ZIP file into the correct folder. There is a folder called 'My Library' in the ZIP which holds another two folders called People and Runtime. Just merge these two folders into your DAZ Studio Content Folder. If you use DIM (DAZ Install Manager) that will be My DAZ 3D Library.

Merging is easy on a PC, if you are using a Mac, it may be more difficult.

edited December 1969

You don't need V4, Genesis comes with UV maps for V4, M4 and K4 out of the box.

He does if he wants to use it on G2F. It's not too clear which figure he actually plans on using.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You don't need Victoria 4.2, you need Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female.

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

edited December 1969

Thank you again for your kind assistance. This learning curve is a bit difficult if not frustrating.

Perhaps I jumped the gun as I bought Victoria 4 from DAZ and installed it using DAZ Install Manager. But I do not see it. DAZ only shows Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6. So I presume V6 supersedes V4. I had not tried to use the Material Pre-set with V6 as I figured she had her own texture. I was trying to apply it to the gray G2F.

Regarding the ZIP file. I had unzipped it and copied/merged them to, I thought, the proper directories in My Library under Documents/DAZ3D.

Perhaps DAZ will refund V4.

Yes, I am on a Win 8.1 PC.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

First of all, you can return the V4 figure for a full refund by using Help > Contact Us and creating a Support ticket for the Sales department.

The figures can be confusing. V4 is a standalone figure (generation 4) and is in Poser Format (CR2). V5 is a morph for Genesis (original) and V6 is a morph for Genesis 2 Female and both of them are in the new DUF format (DAZ Studio). They are all completely different figures.

I can get the EVA texture to load, and I just merged the People folder and Runtime folder, and it worked first time. As has been mentined, it uses the VV4 UV Set, but this comes as part of Genesis Starter Essentials, and you should already have that. It load that UV set automatically when you apply the preset.

The EVA texture is made for Genesis (NOT Genesis 2) and it wont work with G2F unless you have this : http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female as mentioned by jetsmart.

edited December 1969

Not sure why you bought the full V4 figure as I linked the correct product in my first post (above the screenshot).

edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay. I had to refocus on other things for a while.

Your continued patience and assistance is appreciated.

Yes, that is what I bought “Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female “ $14.95, SKU:16559, I was not clear.

Ah! Perhaps I have items in the wrong directory. I did not realize I have some items in the Public directory, and some in the User directory.

I tried two approaches (excuse my lack of understanding). First, I Went to DAZ Studio Formats / My Library / People / Genesis / Materials / ! EVA. I got an error opening message. Next, I loaded the Genesis Female, then double clicked on Material Eva. I got a flash of a message too quick to see.

I went to my Log (thanks for the direction) which is below:

*** Scene Cleared ***
    Error reading file, see log for more details.
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    File loaded in 0 min 0.9 sec.
    Loaded file: Basic Female.duf
    Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: FBMBasicFemale.dsf
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRLimbsM.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRLimbsB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRTR.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRLimbsS.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRREyesM.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRREyesB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRInMouthM.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRREyesTr.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRInMouthB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRTorsoM_NG.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRTorsoB_NG.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRTorsoS_NG.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRFaceM1.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRFaceB1.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4LanaRRFaceS1.jpg
    File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: Eva.duf
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/face s.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/face.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/torso s.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/torso.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/nails.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/teeth.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/limbs s.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/teeth s.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/limbs.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/eyes s.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/eyes.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Tom/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/! EVA/tear.jpg

It sounds like I need to move the Eva files from my User directory to the Public directory. Is that correct?

V4_for_Gen2FCapture.PNG
    603 x 58 - 5K