dzpropertyeditor plugin fails to load

PorphyrogenitusPorphyrogenitus Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Using DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12 I keep getting a plugin load error.

Using the Install Manager (as Administrator), I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling several times and keep getting the same error.
I had been using DAZ successfully up till now. I am not sure when the problem first occurred as I don't check plugin loads all the time.

Plug-in failed to load!
Filename:
C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzpropertyeditor.dll
Plug-in:
dzpropertyeditor
Author:
Unknown
Version:
Reason:
Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.
Unknown

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,886
    edited December 1969

That shouldn't even be there - Property editor was replace several versions ago with the Property Hierarchy, and Edit mode on the Parameters pane.

• PorphyrogenitusPorphyrogenitus Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

That shouldn't even be there - Property editor was replace several versions ago with the Property Hierarchy, and Edit mode on the Parameters pane.
    How bizarre that it is showing up then. I noticed it after trying to troubleshoot a problem with the latest update of Reality 4 (c.f. my thread here http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?95512-Cameras-Lights-Not-Loading-in-Reality-4&p=865336&viewfull=1#post865336 ) - is there a way to get rid of it? Is it related to the problem I'm having with Reality 4.0.4.18?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,425
    edited December 1969

It shows up for me, too. It never went away in 4.6 either. After being replaced with the newer plugin, it just stayed in the list.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,886
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if something didn't uninstall correctly way back. I don't have that on my system, but I'd had to do a clean install back in July after my HD started to be poorly and seemed about to expire. It may be worth opening a support ticket to report it, though it isn't a critical issue.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't have that DLL, and I haven't done a clean install since I first installed DS using DIM, so it does sound like something didn't get uninstalled properly somewhere down the line.