trouble finding the component shaders of a multiregion shader - M5 genesis for Carrara

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Really?

OK, so I am reloading my programs and content. Naturally, I want to apply the Carrara-friendly shaders to the Daz figures and save them for later use. Carrara 8.5 Pro comes with three M5 shaders in the shader content browser. Shaders : Skin : Genesis : Michael 5. They are Benjamin, James, and Philip. Unfortunately, when I try to drag any of the shaders to the global ball in the shader tab of the actor level of Michael 5, Carrara asks me to find the component shaders. I don't know where they are and I can't find them.

- using the "file info" function in the browser just tells me where the top level "BTL" shader is.
- using DIM finds the png files, but Carrara is asking for jpg files.

aaaargh. I must have done this before. Anyone know?

are_you_kidding_me_3.JPG
1818 x 940 - 177K
are_you_kidding_me_2.JPG
1660 x 692 - 101K
are_you_kidding_me_1_no_shader_load_for_michael_5.JPG
1847 x 943 - 174K

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Good news, bad news.

I found all of the shaders - EXCEPT THE CORNEA!

good_news_all_but_cornea.JPG
    662 x 503 - 133K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Is it asking for cornea? If so just cancel it and use the same one as the eye surface for that one, or a copy of it and then tweak it to your liking.
    I know, it bites that there isn't one, if there really isn't (you could check in DS and see what the differences are in there to help determine which map you need to select when Carrara asks for it), but at least it's just the cornea.
    Yeah, I recall having a dickens finding those maps.
    I have also experimented with using the clear glass shader sample from the collection that comes with Carrara on the cornea. Then tweaking on that. It's neat because it also adds refraction. Anyways... I feel your pain that it doesn't just find the stuff that the shaders need without all of the extra pita. I wonder if those Carrara shaders were made during a time when the maps used to reside somewhere else?