does ALL new content go into unassigned, or only some of it?

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Dumb question time. Should I be able to find ALL new content in unassigned, or does some of it bypass that and go directly into the default categories and never appear in unassigned?

I know a long time ago it was split between the two, and I'd have to set the Content library to mark everything as seen, then look for the blue highlighting after installing new content to find things that didn't go into unassigned. However, somewhere along the line I stopped doing that and somehow got it into my head that EVERYTHING now goes into unassigned (in addition to potentially also going into the default categories.) But I no longer remember why I think that, and now questioning if that is right or not.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, it won't go into Unassigned if there's metadata putting it in the Default categories.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Ok, thanks. Bad news is that means I must have a serious backlog of lost content now that somehow I didn't notice was missing, yikes. That's not going to be fun to click through.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It might be easiest to Export User Data, reset the database, then Re-Import ONLY the User Data. Then when you search everythong you haven't categorized yourself will be in Unassigned. After categorizing everything, Re-Import the product metadata.