Any way to globally refresh morphs and meta data?

Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi all. I've had to reload 4.0.3.47 as I kept crashing upon render, but that's for another post....

Now that I've reloaded 4, I am trying to reconnect the database mapping to my external drive (I save all of my libraries to an external hard drive as I move between a couple of systems), which it does fine, but I am missing a ton of pieces, most notably Genesis head and body kit morphs. Is there any way to globally refresh all morphs and meta data so the program sees them again?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

Morphs don't need metadata to be seen - as long as theya re in the content directory they will load with a fresh Genesis. If they aren't appearing that sounds as if you have changed the content location, and therefore don't have the morphs in place any more. Reinstalling them, to the folder you chose as your DAZ Studio content directory when installing DS4, should fix that.

• Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Richard, thank you for your reply, but the location is not the issue. In fact, I DID attempt to reinstall the morphs, but they are still not showing up.

Perhaps the attached screenshot will better illustrate the issue I'm having. The two red outlines show the location of the files in both the Content Directory Manager and Finder, where you can see the morph files themselves. In this example, you can see in finder, there are 14 chest morphs visible that are clearly in the directory, but are not showing in the parameter dials.

My mentioning the meta data was to state I also have loaded MD that is not showing within the Daz application as well.

any thoughts? very much appreciate your help,
    Keith

screenshot.jpg
    1440 x 823 - 336K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

Is that a fresh Genesis, not one loaded from a saved .daz scene file? It certainly should be loading the morphs by your screen shots.