Content Creator Burnout

“Young Creators Are Burning Out and Breaking Down … Burnout has affected generations of social media creators. In 2017, Instagram influencers began leaving the platform, saying they were feeling depressed and discouraged. That same year, many large YouTube creators began stepping away from the platform, citing mental health issues … Creators have encountered all kinds of problems, including bullying, harassment and discrimination …  fan communities and internet commentators can be vicious. ‘You can’t just film what you want to film,’ Mr. Harris said. ‘They’ll make fun of you if your views drop’  … they weren’t prepared for the draining work of building, maintaining and monetizing an audience … ”  (NYTimes, 8June2021)

I’ve had only a few troll comments, one of whom I recognized from the Renderosity Carrara Forum.  He was on a mission to convince everybody that it was stupid to even use Carrara.  And of course, he posted none of his own work anywhere.  So he got a lot of well deserved pushback …

I certainly animate whatever I want to, it’s just a hobby for my own amusement.  If somebody doesn’t like it, they’re entitled to their opinion.  But I’m glad I’m not relying on view numbers for income, that would make it … work!  (Spoken with a Maynard G. Krebs accent ... geezer alert):

Comments

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

I love the old Dobie Gillis show! 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Me,too!  My generation!  The smarmy but stupid rich guy Chatsworth used to make me laugh, maybe that's your Rendo troll!  devil Silene

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

"Some people just want to watch the world burn, Master Bruce"

Alfred - Batman Beyond, I think it was

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

SileneUK said:

Me,too!  My generation!  The smarmy but stupid rich guy Chatsworth used to make me laugh, maybe that's your Rendo troll!  devil Silene

Yup, funny stuff.  But not the Rendo guy, that was Dr. Bernie who inspired posts like this:

wendyvainity posted at 7:18PM Fri, 08 November 2019 - #4369563

think he got banned from here actually

Must have been. The responses from Carrara users didn't seem to phase him at all. I guess we were feeding the troll ... 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

He was a twot and thats being nice.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sometimes the passion dwindles

but then a 'i am dragon' comes along and the passion re-ignition!