Smart content disappeared after update...

MeyghenMeyghen Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi ,

thanks for taking the time to read this!

Hoping that someone can help me out as I've just updated to DS 4.7 and now the smart content's all disappeared (content library is fine)

I've re done the meta data and nothing's happened.

Only thing I'm not to sure about is whether I've asked it to go to the wrong path but not sure and might need some help with this is this be the case?

Thanks in advance.

Meyghen.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you use the DAZ Install Manager to install your update?

Did you install PostgreSQL as well, it is the new database system for Smart Content instead of Valentina/CMS? If you installed PostgreSQL, you need to transfer the data from Valentina to PostgreSQL using the program provided in DIM.

When you run DAZ Studio, have a look in Task Manager to see what is running there in Processes, do you see several versions of postgre.exe running?

• MeyghenMeyghen Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Hi, thanks for getting back to quickly!

In response to your questions -

Did you use the DAZ Install Manager to install your update?
    Yes, but it crashed for some reason when installing, second time around it loaded/installed file. (not sure if that's at all relevant)

Did you install PostgreSQL as well, it is the new database system for Smart Content instead of Valentina/CMS?
    Yep, there are two...? There's PostfreSQL CMS (Win 32-bit) and PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion

If you installed PostgreSQL, you need to transfer the data from Valentina to PostgreSQL using the program provided in DIM.
    Really sorry but I'm not sure what this means?

When you run DAZ Studio, have a look in Task Manager to see what is running there in Processes, do you see several versions of postgre.exe running?
    Wow... there's nine versions.... erm... not sure if that's a good thing or not?

Thank you for helping!

edited December 1969

If you installed PostgreSQL, you need to transfer the data from Valentina to PostgreSQL using the program provided in DIM.
    Really sorry but I’m not sure what this means?

The conversion program that you ran is the one I meant, so you have done that already, no probs.

I usually have about 7 versions of postgre.exe running when DS is running as well, but I think 9 is a bit excessive :)

I think the best thing that you can do for now, is to reboot your system, then run DAZ Studio again, this time there will hopefully be less instances of postgre.exe running in Task Manager. Then have a look at Smart Content, if it is still not working, try re-importing Metadata again, and this time it will hopefully work.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,958
    edited December 1969

If you ran the conversion tool and still don't have smart content it's likely that the Valentina database was already slightly corrupt, though not yet sufficiently to stop it showing in DS. If you had not customised your categories the best solution may be to simply ignore the Valentina database and do a clean import of the metadata - in the Content Library pane bring up the option menu (lined button in the corner, or right-click the tab) and select Content DB Maintenance, check Reimport Metadata, and click Accept in that dialogue and the next.

• westernnomadwesternnomad Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

Same thing happened to me when I upgraded. I had to manually restart CMS, and then it all came back.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys, but it's still not working.. Even re did the meta data and still nothing... *sigh*

Put a bit of a damper on the upgrading process haha.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,958
    edited December 1969

If you close DS and install some content, uninstalling first if you don't have anything pending, does that show in Smart Content or in the Categories or Products lists? Obviously it has to be content with metadata for that to work.

edited December 1969

Hi,

this still hasn't worked.

I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled it over xmas but no smart content is showing.

Annoyingly can't figure it out.

edited December 1969

Does your content show in the Content Library pane under both Poser Formats and DAZ Studio Formats?

Can you see anything at all under Products?
    Can you see anything at all under Categories?

Do you have the correct path to your library listed in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager?

If you used DIM to install, the path should read C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library for both formats.

edited December 1969

HI,

I reinstalled everything again and it worked perfectly, content manager and smart content, although as soon as i installed Kronos everything went again and i had to reload the meta data for everything.

I reinstalled everything apart from Kronos and everything works perfectly... Staying safe and not reinstalling it.

Odd solution, but this does seem to be working absolutely perfectly until this product is installed each time.

Thanks.