Man of Steel Kryptonian Suits?

JQPJQP Posts: 510
edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

I really liked the Kryptonian armor/biosuits/whatever from Man of Steel. Anyone got any product suggestions? Closest thing I've found is Xurge's Hyper Suit for V4 and M4. But maybe there's a freebie or two somewhere? I'm most interested in the mask and the translucent visor; if there was a freebie for the headgear I could mix and match other stuff and maybe come up with something satisfactory.

Post edited by JQP on

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,561
    edited December 1969

RDNA freebies used to have a wide variety of helmets.

I don't remember what the Man of Steel helmets looked like, but there is a free storm trooper helmet that may look entirely different if you make the face transparent. I'll post location when I'm away from work.

• JQPJQP Posts: 510
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    RDNA freebies used to have a wide variety of helmets.

I don't remember what the Man of Steel helmets looked like, but there is a free storm trooper helmet that may look entirely different if you make the face transparent. I'll post location when I'm away from work.

Thanks, I'll look at RNDA's freebies.

I actually just got done taking a bunch of screenshots of the Kryptonian's suits. Each is unique. My favorite so far is Zod's right hand woman's. It's really not that radical a design, just a plastic & rubber sci-fi update of late medieval armor. The helmet is basically two parts. A simple shell with variable opacity, and a mask that looks a lot like a military pilot's oxygen mask. The shell would probably be very easy to model, it's more the textures that would make it work.

Google Image Search:

http://tinyurl.com/n4sfv9o

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,561
    edited December 2014

The Storm Trooper helmet is at www.artraiders.com. It LOOKS like a Storm Trooper helmet but if you maks big chunk of it transparent and the rest black, I think the look would change entirely.

For the Armor, everything free I can think of fits pretty tightly. If you'r going to pay, look at the BEO line in the Daz store. They are stand alones rather then armor, but if you hide the head and replace it with whatever helmet you choose, you can stick a head inside it as an independent prop.

Post edited by pwiecek on