A bit of help auto-fitting boots to Genesis

JQPJQP Posts: 510
edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

A trick I just figured out after years (duh) of wishing auto-fit worked better on footwear. If you have some boots that are giving you trouble, try this. Presumably it works well only on footwear that covers the entire foot, and rises at least to the ankle.

Load Genesis, the boots, and a bodysuit that works well enough with Genesis...and has no feet. Pants, legwarmers, stockings, etc., will do as well as a bodysuit, as long as they're tight and low-profile. But I think they should have the whole hierarchy of the lower body (just a guess - I just tumbled to this tonight and haven't tested it).

Fit the bodysuit/whatever to Genesis. Fit the footwear to Genesis. After auto-fitting is done on the footwear, fit it to the bodysuit/whatever. Change the footwear's Collision Item to Genesis (after applying a smoothing modifier, if there isn't one already), see if it improves results. If not, the obvious next step is to try turning off the opacity for textures that are poking through, or maybe make an opacity map.

I'm probably the last DS user to tumble to this, lol.

Post edited by JQP on