Morphing a Single Limb

ozorionozorion Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered in the past - I couldn't find an answer in my searching, and I'm a little afraid I already know what the answer is.

If I have a morph that applies to a limb (the example I'm thinking of here are the hand morphs from the Genesis 2 Creature Creator sets), is there any way to apply a morph only to a single limb (ie - hand)? Selecting a single hand and then dialing up the morph still changes both hands.

The only other thing I could think of is loading the Genesis 2 figure twice, making them identical (same morphs, coordinates, etc), then applying the Morph to only one. I could then make surfaces but that limb invisible, and then go to the unmorphed figure and just make that limb invisible.

Any alternate suggestions anyone could offer would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 2014

If you have a modeller (I use zbrush), load up the default base shape, tell it to remember that state of the figure (default shape you just imported), now import you morph with the hands. Mask off one hand and then restore default shape. The masked area is unaffected, and the rest is now at default. Save that as hand morph1. What you now have is a one handed morph. Do the same process for the other hand and save those to obj's and import as morphs again. So now you have two seperate hand morphs, eg split.

Post edited by Zev0 on