Trouble with Animated Drape for Trinity Leather Jacket

woyame1woyame1 Posts: 9
edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, I'm having a problem with an animated drape of the Trinity Leather Jacket by Optitex. I'm using it as the outer garment on V4, who's wearing the V4 Dark Raven outfit (minus the sword, sheath or weapons belt) beneath the jacket. I posed the V4 character with a simple four second walk using the walk aniblocs (Start, Forward cycle, Stop), before loading the jacket at the zero frame position. I baked the aniblocs to studio keyframes before loading the jacket also. The jacket is unzipped and has the black leather texture applied.

My problem is that every time I do the drape, the jacket falls backwards off V4's shoulders and gets stuck around her arms and waist. It never stays on with her movement. Do I need to parent it? Change the collisions? (I tried with the jacket colliding with everything, then with both hands unchecked, then with the jacket itself unchecked. There seemed to be little difference. Certainly the jacket still never stayed on the figure.)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately I want to add wind also, to make the jacket have a slight movement in the breeze as she walks. For now, I just like to know how to make it stay on her body and drape properly as she walks! Thanks.

Forgot to mention I'm doing this in Daz Studio 4.7 and have keymate and graphmate and the dynamic clothing control plugins installed.

Post edited by woyame1 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited December 1969

Does a still drape work? It may be that you need to do a still drape, or pad your animation with some non-moving frames at the start, to give the jacket a chance to settle before the figure starts to move.

• woyame1woyame1 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

The still drape doesn't appear to be working. I attached some screenshots showing the appearance of the jacket in the back and in the front, both before and after the drape. The garment appears to begin falling off her shoulders even in that first frame. Also, there is a bunching between the legs, near the calf area.

Drape1-back.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 252K
    Drape1-Front._.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 177K
    PreDrape-Back.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 247K
    PreDrape-Front._.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 178K
  • MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

You will most likely need to modify some of the physics of the coat. It appears that the material is too heavy for the animation. By adjusting some of the characteristics of the coat, especially around the shoulders, you might fix your issue.