what do you look for in a room?

2»

Comments

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

I work in multiple styles - I might use a room out-of-the-box, I might retexture it, I might make it into a cartoon ... and I certainly might want to hide individual items, walls, etc.

In general, the better the quality of the room, the more I am willing to pay. Better quality includes (but is not limited to): texture sets, movable parts, separate props, attention to detail (like corner molding), added lighting and camers, and many other things mentioned above. Light leaks, stretched polygons (effecting shaders), and things like that are a sign of poor quality and are avoided.

I do not mind a higher poly count as these items tend to be more flexible for individualization. Also, I have found that a minimal tessalation ( a 3x3 grid ) instead of no tessalation ( a 1x1 grid) actually is helpful with some shaders and textures.

One thing I have not really seen here at Daz is producing a room with a set of poses that works across multiple generations. The 'other site' has one vendor I like who makes a room and will have poses made for that room for generations 4, 7, and 8.  These are great for quick out-of-the-box projects.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

A door - and it needs to open.