Hide Polygons when loading a Figure

Hey Community,

I know i have found the solution for my problem some month, but I just can`t remember it anymore... and I can`t find the post where the solution was described...

My Problem: I want to hide Polygons on Genesis 2 when I load a Figure (e.g. a glove) and fit it to Genesis. The Polygons to be hidden do not match the bodyparts or surfaces, so setting Opacity to 0% or hiding bodyparts will not work.

I remember having read something about grouping the Polygons to hide on Genesis and assigning them to a hidden Polygon on the figure i want to fit to Genesis...

Can someone tell me how this can be done?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need the Geometry Editor Tool (Alt+Shift+G) Select the tool, right click in the viewport, and select the options that you want. Then select Geometry Visibility from the same menu, then Hide Selected Polygons.

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Hi

I think you are looking for this post in the forums. I had it bookmarked because I could not remember the steps as I do not use it all that often:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28138/P375/#451083

Hope this helps.

• edited December 1969

@JimmyC_2009:

Yeah, I know about Geometry Editor Tool and about hiding Polygons in General... but i want them to disappear automatically when i load the second figure... as far as i remember it got something to do with weight mapped figures that can somehow hide polygons on other weight mapped figures. I`m sure that it is somehow possible...

@Jack_238

as mentioned above, grouping polygons and creating surfaces is just a part of my problem.

Thanks for your replies!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806
    edited December 1969

You need to set the second figure up as a GeoGraft, then add the G2 polygons to its AutoHide group.