Best approach for rigging a long dress for Genesis 2 Female in DAZ Studio

amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I made a model of a long dress that fits Genesis 2 Female. I would like to know the best approach to rig the dress. I have rigged a knee-length skirt before. I simply transfer the Genesis 2 Female rig to the skirt, it works well without any extra bone/handle.
For a long dress, I never rig one. As I know, the dynamic dress is the most natural way but I don't have the tools to make it for DAZ Studio and not many have the Dynamic Clothing plugin.
I have seen some dresses have handle, it is not easy to pose a sitting pose, I also take a look at some using morphs to pose the dress, but it is hard to adjust if the figure is not the default Genesis 2 Female body shape. Any suggestion?

Comments

• TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Hey there,

What I do is use the transfer utility(Current, unchanged settings) and fit the dress to a pre-rigged dress that already has handles.

There are some products that are designed for this task. Here Found one

http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-dress-rig-genesis-2-female

Hope this helps you

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 2014

I use Sivkleyields dress rigs for all my long dresses. Works a treat.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    edited December 2014

Thanks! I did that but I have another issue now. I found that the Weight Map Symmetry function doesn't work all the time. I'm not sure under which conditions it will work or not work :down:

Post edited by amy_aimei on