Handgrip in Studio4?

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,320
edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Arghhh, I'm finally getting interested in Studio4 but what happened to "Handgrip" tool? I looked in the Studio4 "Help" Reference document and it pointed me to a page to get "Handgrip" but that page gives me a "404" error. Arghhh!!!

Help. :-(

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't think Hand Grip was ever updated for DS4.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,320
    edited December 1969

Oh! :-(

This is bad.
    So sad.
    Not yet mad.
    Is a workaround to be had?

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 2014

Mil 4 figures and above have grip morphs for the hand and thumb so it kind of made hand grip obsolete. I still miss it though for other figures such as Gen 3, but unfortunately the the hand grip creator is no longer developing for DS. FYI: He also created Pantomime which was fortunately picked up by DS and became PowerPose, which is a more streamlined, but less featured version of Pantomime.

As a work around you can create a puppeteer preset for the hands that will function in a similar way as hand grip. or create your own joint controlled morphs (JCM) for those figures that do not have the grip morphs.

Post edited by chorse on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,320
    edited December 2014

chorse said:
    Mil 4 figures and above have grip morphs for the hand and thumb so it kind of made hand grip obsolete. I still miss it though for other figures such as Gen 3, but unfortunately the the hand grip creator is no longer developing for DS. FYI: He also created Pantomime which was fortunately picked up by DS and became PowerPose, which is a more streamlined, but less featured version of Pantomime.

As a work around you can create a puppeteer preset for the hands that will function in a similar way as hand grip. or create your own joint controlled morphs (JCM) for those figures that do not have the grip morphs.

Ahh, thank you! Very interesting, I'll check out the grip morphs that I apparently haven't noticed yet.

And yes, I could create Puppeteer or JCM gizmos but I don't bake my own bread for similar reasons. I'm lazy! 8-O
    (And am tired of learning new ways of doing things that worked well for me for years. That's what causes computer programmer burn-out. After the first two dozen languages, you kind'a get jaded or frustrated by it all. 8-s )

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 2014

Just select a hand for Gen4 and higher figures. The thumb and hand grips sliders should be visible in the parameters tab. - Happy holidays. :)

Post edited by chorse on