I'm missing some AO.

AndroolAndrool Posts: 85
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How do you add an AO lamp in an already iluminated scene who is missing some Ambiant occlusion?

One who only add the AO if possible.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited December 1969

You could use pwSurface for the surface shader, which has AO on the surfaces only. Or you could render once, without AO, then set all your surfaces to white, delete your lights, load uberEnvironment in AO mode with high quality settings, render that at the same size and add it as a new layer set to Multiply over the full render in your image editor to add the AO, varying the opacity to adjust the strength. I don't think you could add AO without adding a new light that would affect the total illumination of the scene.

• AndroolAndrool Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Thx, I'll try all this tomorow

edited December 1969

One thing I forgot -you want the non-occluded areas of the AO render to be white when using it as a multiplier - white on a multiply layer leaves the underlying pixels unchanged, which is your goal. You will probably need to apply an adjustment to achieve that - you may be able to do it via a levels/equalisation adjustment layer applied to the AOK level and clipped/grouped so it doesn't modify the colour layer, but if your editor doesn't do that you can adjust it before aplying the layer; in Photoshop at least you could probably use the advanced blending options for the layer to exclude the brighter pixels entirely and just use a smooth transition into the darker pixels to modify the colour render.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I would use the Advanced Ambient Light by Ageofarmour.

Use it for both AO and ambient lighting and adjust your lights.

Rendering AO in the lights via the AAL is much faster then surface based AO.

edited December 1969

I use darken only and play with the transparency if I want to ad shadows by multy rendering and compositing, but I'll try multiply just to see if the result is better.

Advanced Ambient Light sent me a missing file message when I tryed to use it 2 days ago when trying to understand light in DS.

DS dont find this file aparently
    /data/Age of Armour/Advanced Ambient Light/AoA_AmbientLight/Advanced Ambient Light.dsf

I have no idea what I am supose to reinstal in case it was an instalation error.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Does "Advanced Ambient Light.dsf" exist anywhere on your system?

edited December 1969

Nop, searching my all computer whit windows search tool get no matches.

But I have a "CharLightBright" with "AOA light" labeled in the preview image under light preset that is asking for it so I assumed that's what he was talking about.

edited December 1969

Do you actually have the AoA Advanced Ambient Light? It isn't included with DS, it's an additional product in the store. You may have a preset that was supplied with something else, for use by people with the light, but not the light itself.

edited December 1969

I don't.
    I try to get from Poser to DS so I normaly have nothing from the store that is DS only aint some free stuff.
    As I got that error message one or to day before I asumed it was a standard DS light that dont liked me.