Painting directly on figure addon

FelinaLainFelinaLain Posts: 29
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello guys, I'm asking for the help of the community memory here

I'm looking for a free software-plugin-addon (can't recall what it was exactly) that I had once found on the web, and which allowed DAZ users to charge a model in it (any kind) and then create new texture by simply painting on this new model directly, or placing "stamps" (images) etc...

I can't remember the name of the thing and it's annoying me slightly >.>

Or else if anyone knows how to do that in Photoshop, because I tried modifying flat textures on it, but the seams are a brain-breaker >.>

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806
    edited December 1969

The description sounds like Decal Master, butt hat wasn't ever free as I can recall. Blender may be able to do what you want.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,561
    edited December 2014

Decal Master and Texture Paint Helper both did this in different ways, but both have been left in the dust by the Windows OS. I'm pretty sure it would take a lot of work to get them to run on a modern version of Windows.

Its unfortunate because either one would let you create a texture map that crossed a seam with pretty good results.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    Decal Master and Texture Paint Helper both did this in different ways, but both have been left in the dust by the Windows OS. I'm pretty sure it would take a lot of work to get them to run on a modern version of Windows.

Its unfortunate because either one would let you create a texture map that crossed a seam with pretty good results.

Decal Master 'clunks' a little in Win 7 Pro, but will run, or at least limp. The main barrier would be to get it to read more than .cr2 and .pz2 files.