[SOLVED] Moving Property from Actor/Category to Pose Controls/Category

Vholf3DVholf3D Posts: 63

I'm using this as a guideline for making a script to move property around (change paths)

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/properties/node_properties/start

However, whenever I move a property from "Actor/SomeCategory" to "Pose Controls/SomeCategory" it always ends up under Actor, like so: "Actor/Pose Controls/SomeCategory"

property.setPath("Pose Controls/Some Category");

I tried with or without forward slash prefix. The property DOES move, but always within Actor. Properties are of type "Modifier/Pose".

If I move it manually within the UI, then it works, but if I then copy the resulting path in the UI to the script, it still falls back under "/Actor"

Is tere's anything I'm missing to put the property under /Pose Controls/ ?

Post edited by Vholf3D on

Comments

• Vholf3DVholf3D Posts: 63

Well, I decided to create an alias instead of moving the property. Setting the path on the alias works as expected.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited June 2021

Tank you sir! I'll be checking out your script as a reference. I am aware of the technical side of moving parameters, having to save the figure, etc. My only problem seems to be with the inconsistency (due to misuse on my part more likely) of the "DzProperty::setPath" method, which, given a path outside of the "Actor" property group, it will always be placed INSIDE of the actor property group.

EDIT: Oh, your script is encrypted, which is fine, I was hoping to dig in and check the usage of setPath in your script.

Post edited by Vholf3D on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Ohhh bingo!, using DzSceneHelper.setPropertyPath did the trick. Now I'm wonering what other methods I should be replacing for calls to the various helpers that I now found.

Thank you!