Figures and people -please help change this

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

If there's a way to change it on my own, please explain how. If not, I beg the devs to change this before I go raving ;)

On my screen I have 2 categories for people figures in the smart content browser; people and figures. Figures contains the sub category of people which has subs for male, female etc. The main category of people only contains 2 daz kids and nothing else. When i want Figures>People you know what I'm instinctively hitting first, right? people, not figures. I want to get rid of the People category with the cartoon kids or put all of the daz people in the People category. Help?

Post edited by Ademnus on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,230
    edited December 2014

This kind of problem is caused by DAZ changing their preferred metadata categories midstream. They used to use "People" then changed to "Figures/People". So older content with metadata is set to the older People category. DAZ does not seem to be going back and correcting old metadata very much, except for some PC products. The good news is that you can easily fix this yourself.

Go to the Smart Content tab. Then select the People category. Click on the items you want to move to the Figures/People and then right click. In the menu that pops up, select Categorize.... Then follow the highlighted category tree (Default/People...) until you find the lowest level that has the check box checked. Uncheck it. Then go back to the top of the category tree and select Default then Figures then People. Then put a check mark on People or keep going to a lower level, like Feminine, Masculine. etc. When you are done, click Accept.

You can even create a new subcategory if you want to. You can also check mark multiple categories if you want to. For example, I created a Gen 6 category for myself, so I have my Gen 6 people categorized as Feminine or Masculine, and also as Gen 6.

step_3.png
    1305 x 844 - 78K
    step_2.png
    1305 x 844 - 61K
    step_1.png
    818 x 760 - 183K
    Post edited by barbult on