Now Available: Mood Renderer [Commercial]

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425

Presenting..... 'Mood Renderer' . Bought to you by Code-66 and myself. laugh

Soooooo...... What is 'Mood Renderer'? ....... This product is a script and Gel Light set that allows you to isolate the light colour in a scene, whilst rendering the rest in black and white. Additional customisation is available by letting you apply the script onto as many, or as few lights in the scene as you wish. An option to invert the script is available, which will keep the scene colour info but rendering anything a light hits in black and white. You can even control the saturation levels of the Black and White settings, allowing you more cool looking render results.

A full indepth, 3 page tutorial is included to help you learn how to use the script.

NO MORE RENDERING WITH MASKS & HAVING TO LAYER IN PHOTOSHOP.... JUST CLICK & RENDER!

https://www.daz3d.com/mood-renderer

MoodR_popup_01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 951K
MoodR_popup_02.jpg
1200 x 800 - 264K
MoodR_popup_03.jpg
1200 x 800 - 402K
MoodR_popup_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 988K
MoodR_popup_06.jpg
1200 x 800 - 308K
MoodR_popup_07.jpg
1200 x 800 - 423K
MoodR_popup_10.jpg
1200 x 800 - 383K
MoodR_popup_09.jpg
1200 x 800 - 274K
MoodR_popup_05.jpg
1200 x 800 - 340K
MoodR_popup_08.jpg
1200 x 800 - 291K
MoodR_popup_12.jpg
1200 x 800 - 283K
MoodR_popup_15.jpg
1200 x 800 - 305K
MoodR_popup_14.jpg
1200 x 800 - 324K
MoodR_popup_18.jpg
1200 x 800 - 275K
MoodR_popup_19.jpg
1200 x 800 - 300K
Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Color me intrigued, this looks really awesome!

• I'm interested!  I like some of the overall image color values.  I'll be curious to play with it.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
    edited June 2021

Thanks Guys. We're glad you like it.

Here's a few more shots of the script at work......

MoodR_popup_11.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 444K
    MoodR_popup_09.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 274K
    MoodR_popup_04.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 220K
    MoodR_popup_16.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 296K
    Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on
  • chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192

OOO Im excited about this one!! Cant wait to see it in the store :)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Do want!!!

Will snap this up immediately when it's released heart  yes

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

This is fascinating. Money in reserve now.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    edited June 2021

Yay-yuhss!

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Anybody, who bought please post some renders. Thanks.

Bought it but not had time to play yet.

I actually like only the first promo image of the product - that is why, I ask, if somebody else can bring some other renders.

Mood Renderer sounds interesting, but I am not so sure, if I will really use it.

Looking forward to your renders, @memcneil70.

I tried last night, ran into a Win10 update, the light product I tried to use gave me issues, had to prepare dinner, cleanup, then when I tried the product got an error code. So I am going to find another lighting product today on that scene, and try again. I am not the best at this, but I am determined to get a result. If there is anyone else with the product please post. You may have a better chance than I do. Lighting, as many know, is not my best thing.

Mary

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

memcneil70 said:

I tried last night, ran into a Win10 update, the light product I tried to use gave me issues, had to prepare dinner, cleanup, then when I tried the product got an error code. So I am going to find another lighting product today on that scene, and try again. I am not the best at this, but I am determined to get a result. If there is anyone else with the product please post. You may have a better chance than I do. Lighting, as many know, is not my best thing.

Mary

Hi, what error? "No Forbidden Mood Renderer Lights in the scene?" Did you read the manual which explains how the scipt works?

Hi @Totte

I am possibly the most dumb script person going. I had the manual open last night and right now. I even have your promo pages up, noted that the layout of the items differed from Smart Content, so went to My Daz 3D Library and Lighting Presets. Picked out a Rim Light set and a Spot Light and adjusted them for my character and the tight set/props. Tagged on spotlight and then used the 'Mood Renderer' icon. And immediately got 'Error Code 4'. Again. 

The log file on the first attempt just repearted a series of lines, the second seemed to be the same as the log file I saw last night. 

Mary

Error Code 4.PNG
    1212 x 358 - 51K
    Two results of MR attempts in log file both with EC4.PNG
    1724 x 373 - 63K

OK, I checked and it's the Installer that made something stupid!

(Good I have keyed error codes)
    OK, to fix this: in /data/BWCTotte/MoodRenderer create a folder named "tmpdir".
    For some reason (DIM did the same thing with Alienator) DIM doesn't create the directory needed even though it contains a placeholder.txt file, something went wrong building the install zip.

Will need to get this updated.

Thank you Totte. Your support is appreciated. 

Glad I could be the guinea pig! :-)

memcneil70 said:

Thank you Totte. Your support is appreciated. 

Glad I could be the guinea pig! :-)

I try to make things working but packaging is the one thing out of control and sometimes it fails even though everyone seems to it right, "smart" code somewhere causes issues, but that's everywhere. Hopefully we can get an update out pretty fast. 

edited July 2021

I added the file folder and it is 17% in the process of rendering right now. No idea if my render will be worth anything to publish but... it is working!

Post edited by memcneil70 on

memcneil70 said:

I added the file folder and it is 17% in the process of rendering right now. No idea if my render will be worth anything to publish but... it is working!

Great! Have fun!  

As always it's a tool and it will need mastering but Iove wha you can make with it! 

edited July 2021

Well. uh, not sure what is going on with the fur, it is not due to Mood Renderer, because I had also done a straight render before, and it looks like it is being shed off the body above the bear. But the light and script worked!! 

Teddys Retreat 8.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M

The update is now in DIM, and correctly has the tmpdir in the installer!

memcneil70 said:

Well. uh, not sure what is going on with the fur, it is not due to Mood Renderer, because I had also done a straight render before, and it looks like it is being shed off the body above the bear. But the light and script worked!! 

Thanks for the example render - wishlisted for now.

Totte said:

For some reason (DIM did the same thing with Alienator) DIM doesn't create the directory needed even though it contains a placeholder.txt file, something went wrong building the install zip.

Many thanks for this, @Totte.  I ran into the same problem that memcneil70 did and I put MR aside to attend to funeral/mourning matters.  Your fix works well and I will stick to it as I am staying away from DIM.  There’s a thread in The Commons about updates that does absolutely nothing to inspire me to use it, but that’s just me and YMMV.

Have been able to play around a bit with MR and here is the result:        

Also tried something with the bg:

For comparison this is the original, which was done around 7 years ago with Reality/LuxRender:

Looking forward to using Mood Renderer more yesyes

3dLux said:

Totte said:

Many thanks for this, @Totte.  I ran into the same problem that memcneil70 did and I put MR aside to attend to funeral/mourning matters.  Your fix works well and I will stick to it as I am staying away from DIM.  There’s a thread in The Commons about updates that does absolutely nothing to inspire me to use it, but that’s just me and YMMV.

For comparison this is the original, which was done around 7 years ago with Reality/LuxRender:

Nice renders - glad ir worked, there is an update for this in DIM now though, that adds that missing directory. 

edited July 2021

Totte said:

3dLux said:

Totte said:

Nice renders - glad ir worked, there is an update for this in DIM now though, that adds that missing directory. 

Thanks, @Totte smiley

blush  sorry; I should have mentioned the missing directory error wasn't on your end and that you updated the matter very quickly.  yesyes  for a great product and awesome post sales support heart

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • 3dLux said:

Totte said:

I'm so pleased to see somebody enjoying the product and that it's working for you how it should. Cannot wait to see more.

edited July 2021

I was testing something and played with lighting after the test. This is a mashup of three light sets, the main one was Mood Renderer and then I had to struggle to find an HDRI to show it off better. The effect was subtle on the character's left side. I had no issues with the product.

Dancer Relit.png
    1500 x 2427 - 1M

Nice work!

Thanks Totte. I enjoyed the product and look forward to more playing.

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

I was testing something and played with lighting after the test. This is a mashup of three light sets, the main one was Mood Renderer and then I had to struggle to find an HDRI to show it off better. The effect was subtle on the character's left side. I had no issues with the product.

Looking good! yessmiley