Model of Basilica of St. Peters, and the Vatican City Project

Hi folks

The Carrara model of St' Peters' Basilica, together with high-res statues and how it works, is now on my site again at:

https://yofiel.com/3d.php 

I'm sorry, my webserver was offline a bit, while I rebuilt and pruned the content. But it's back now ) 

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

yes

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

Now we just need DAZ to release Pope 8 ...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

was he convicted of something?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited June 2021

I was just showing this to a fellow Dazzer! 

...and this isn't the updated, most recent release either.

Over 100 Predatron LoRez figures, animated within the scene in Carrara! Women, Men, Children, as families and as individuals.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • YofielYofiel Posts: 204
    edited June 2021

Dartanbeck! You'll still there! So good to see you!

I'm about to start working on a model of Stowe in the UK. Frankly, having learned how to build models in Carrara, I don't want to use anything else for it. It was even more difficult building models in other programs lol. Hexagon drives me NUTS! 

I put your rendering on the page... and this one someone else draw. I can model. I don't know how good I am at rendering. It takes me a year to make one good picture....

Post edited by Yofiel on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Impressive!  We love Rome, and have gone a few times but only once to Vatican City and St P's as you have to wait in long queues unless you have a booking or are with a tour group.  

Do I ever know what you mean about it taking a long time to make a big scene... and mine have no buildings in them, just nature!

Well done on this project!  What's next? yes  Silene

SileneUK said:

Impressive!  We love Rome, and have gone a few times but only once to Vatican City and St P's as you have to wait in long queues unless you have a booking or are with a tour group.  

Do I ever know what you mean about it taking a long time to make a big scene... and mine have no buildings in them, just nature!

Well done on this project!  What's next? yes  Silene

Well thank you so much Silene. Actually I just published my next project. I'm doing the same thing for Stowe House, and there's now a menu on the right of the page with the various other projects I added, including a primitive 'howto' for importing 3D satellite data from Google. It's all on one page at 

I'm going to have to import satellite data again for the Stowe project, and its not easy. There's a lot of different ways to do it, and I'm not sure I chose the best way last time, so I'll be researching it some more. If anyone else is interested in doing something similar, I'd be delighted to work together. What are you up to now? :D

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Creswell Crags in the palaeolithic is the original big project. Have had to put on hold till cataracts are sorted. Eye Hospital is all backed up from Covid...ugh.  I have never been to Stowe.Wow, they are doing some massive restoration there. Your bio on your site is impressive!

yes Silene

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

WendyLuvsCatz said:

was he convicted of something?

Pope Innocent VIII is innocent!

edited June 2021

Oh dear Silene. I hope the cataracts operation goes well. My grandmother had one in the 1970s, and she said it was like being reborn when she could see well again )

Additional Tutorial Information is now on the Yofiel 3D models page
    for the statue shaders, modifiers, replicators,
    and model import from Google Earth.

Post edited by Yofiel on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Yofiel

what an amazing work thank you for sharing!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Beautiful work.  Very inspiring.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

+1 on that

great model yes

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Yofiel said:

Ditto!!! It's been a while since we've spoken! I hope all is well in Yofiel-Land!

Dartanbeck said:

Yofiel said:

Ditto!!! It's been a while since we've spoken! I hope all is well in Yofiel-Land!

Yofiel server got very bloated, so I threw out Joomla and wrote my own site management software, redesigned the templates, moved my scripts onto it. Mostly it's done, fiddling with some corners of it. Looking forward to building a model of Stowe. I'm expecting some assets to arrive from Matthew Vaugn who will be filming the next Kingsman movie there. What have you been up to?