Commercial Airliner Interior

It seems odd to me that there hasn't been a recent model of a commerical airline interior. There are a couple here but they aren't realistic - no typical passenger seats, ect. I know there is one that's been for sale forever over on the other site but frankly it's awful. 

I've been tempted to get one from one of the 3D model web sites but it seems like to get a quality one it would be at least $100. i'd love to play around with something like this one (its $75.)

Thumb01.jpg05751A28-F0C3-43AB-9F18-FEEBF61A9F4FZoom.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 717K

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited June 2021

I kind of like the 2nd World 737 with interior as a start point. It's Poser but should be fine in DS. Any of the expensive models will require conversion, anyway. It might be too low-poly to use, though. Lots of segmentation in the curves around the windows and toilet seat. frown

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited June 2021

Welcome to the club! I have been asking for a simple vignette of 2-3 seat rows with windows on a regular basis for about 2 years. Apart from "buy from the competition" I didn't hear or see anything coming out of the Daz 3D tube so far and went buying most of my stuff from the competition....

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502
    edited June 2021

Torquinox said:

I kind of like the 2nd World 737 with interior as a start point. It's Poser but should be fine in DS. Any of the expensive models will require conversion, anyway. It might be too low-poly to use, though. Lots of segmentation in the curves around the windows and toilet seat. frown

Having been in the industry for a while, it looks to me as if those baggage bins don't have a full enough profile and don't take enough baggage. Got involved with a movable class divider on a 737 that had to go around the bins & have shootbolts at the top of the sidewall panels and top inboard edge of the bins. Was quite chuffed to see them still in use in a 737 15 years later. I will say, it's quite difficult to get the correct sizing info if you're not in the industry & are trying to do it by scaling photos etc.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Thanks for your insight, Richard. I'll have to keep that in mind. Sounds like your divider was a winning solution. Well done!

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited October 2022

Are you all still looking for a Commercial Airliner Interior? I could make one if you are all still intrested. :)

​Maybe you all might have a preference to what it should look like, for example. boeing 747 or airbus 800 ect...

Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • OMG yes! I have been looking this week and finding out NOBODY seems to make one!