packaging with 5.0

as i do not get an answer in the other thread here again:

is the bridge working for packaging with ue 5 ?

importing for me is all fine but packaging not

so

my fault or not ?

Comments

• What error are you getting?  A lot of poeple are reporting issues packaging UE5 in general due to bugs in UE5.  Keep in mind it's a very early version of the engine.  4.27 is still in preview and is closer to release.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited June 2021

its this long sentence with   "....module rules.....etc"

maybe i will find it somewhere else

Post edited by Ruphuss on
    edited June 2021

here it is:

started a new project for this 

just enabled the daz plugin

no daz stuff in it

and it is the new EA2

Helper: Packaging (Windows):   ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'DazToUnrealRuntime' in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.  This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
    PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'DazToUnrealRuntime' in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.  This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

edited June 2021

it does not say packaging failed

it just does not create a folder with the exe

the output log has the above message

it says packaging complete and does nothing

in yellow output log says:

LogPluginManager: Warning: Engine version string in ../../../Engine/Plugins/DazToUnreal/DazToUnreal.uplugin could not be parsed ("5.0")

edited June 2021

uninstalled daz bridge and all packaging is fine: creates a folder named windows with the exe file 

did you hear from people where packaging is fine with 5.0 ?

• I don't think many people are trying to package in UE5.  It worked for me.  I'll try downloading the version off of github later.  Maybe something happened with the upload.  It sounds like your issue is with the uplugin file though.  Maybe try deleting the engine version entry.  I'm not sure it's needed.  Or, you can remove and retype that line in case there's a bad character in there.

thank you David

i will just wait how it evolves