Saved character with Texture to file ERROR about not finding Textures

nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I save a character with a texture on him. then open the file and i get this error. And so the character ends up untextured.
As i recall in previous versions of daz (daz 3 ) every file you saved, it would create files for each object and character in your scene and i think it would also make copies of the textures and put them in that DATA folder in the DOCUMENTS/DAZ3d etc folder path.

But i dont know what new approach Daz 4.7 . however based on the error message here, you can see it expects a "textures"folder. But there isn't any texutres folder in there.

These are the folders in the My Library Folder :
aniblocks, data, lights, People, props, Runtime, Scenes, scripts, Texture templates

So why is it asking for that path if it never saved any files to there nor created a "textures" folder when Saved the file.
And also the actual texture i applied to the character doesn't even come from that Path, it comes from my Poser directory path.

So what's going on?

mesage.png
610 x 215 - 61K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Normally textures would be in My Library > RUNTIME > Textures. What was the full path you were saving the figure to?

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
    edited December 1969

Normally textures would be in My Library > RUNTIME > Textures. What was the full path you were saving the figure to?

The desktop. That's where i saved to.
    ANd yes i noticed My Library/Runtime/textures would be where the textures are. Because some days ago i saved a file to the desktop of the default V4 with bikini texture and she had a parented figure with her and that figure's texture did get saved to the My Library /Runtime/Textures. (However the V4 bikini texture is not there so yet i was able to reopen that saved file with no problem)

In this specific time with the error, i saved a V4 with a character texture thta i bought .

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
    edited December 1969

Could possibly just be a corrupted save because now i'm trying making other files this way and when i reopen. they reopen with no problem

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Textures do not get re-written when a scene is saved, only a reference to their location at the time of the save is recorded in the save file. At one time you must of had the Texture folder improperly installed.