studio 4.7 render options missing ?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have just loaded studio 4.7 pro and when I look at the render settings I have presets,, edit and advanced which gives me basic and advanced opengl with no settings other than ray bounces and use opengl shaders.

This does not match the tutorial I was watching.

any suggestions ?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

If you click All on the left in the Editor tab you should see all of the settings, though some of the controls mwill look different.

• edited December 2014

I dont have that on my menu. It appears a few plugins failed to load. dzdelightrenderer is one of them, so I am looking at what I need to do to fix that now.

I just noticed that I am running win xp which is not listed on the specs for Daz studio so I will just run it with the opengl render and see how it goes.

Post edited by marks542004_9dd99e328f on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

The only item I am aware of that won't work in XP is the image import plug-in, so you will have limited formats available. It sounds as if the previous version may not have cleanly uninstalled, leaving you with old (and in some cases incompatible) plug-ins. Try closing DS, then when it really is closed (allow a couple of minutes to be safe, or check Task Manger) uninstall and reinstall - it may be a good idea to restart Windows before uninstalling and reinstalling.

• edited December 1969

ok, worth a try.
    I will try the download manager this time.

I am looking at Daz studio because I have poser 7 and it wont run on windows 8. A new pc that I am looking at comes bundled with win8.1. I either need to stay with my old pc for a while or show Daz studio will be a good replacement for Poser 7. At this stage it is looking good, but there is a lot to learn.

Thanks for the help.