?como shader requests

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

how do i make a surface selection completely truly transparent?

no highlight catching or ghostlyness.

how do i save it as a preset?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i'm gonna try to figure out how to make a new matzone on an object on my own.
    there must be some kind of poly selection tool here. hmmm

appreciating the remove unused shader menu command!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

In shader list change everything to none
    except alpha 1-100 value 0 a good idea
    drag the little shader ball into you shader browser and call it something other than no name when asked

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You can also save multi-domain shaders all at once by selecting the shading tab for your object, and dragging and dropping the multi-colored ball icon to your Shader Browser. This can come in extremely handy when you customize textures on a figure. If it's Mill-4 or earlier, select Model and then the shader tab. If it's Genesis or later, I think they call it Actor, but I could be wrong.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 2014

Oh yeah. To use a shader, drag it from the browser and drop it onto the object. If it is a multi-domain shader for a figure, select the model (or Actor) and then the shading domain tab. Now drag the icon and drop it on the multi-colored ball at the top of the shading domain list. If the maps are a high resolution, this may take a minute as Carrara thinks about it.

It's a good idea to go to Edit--> Remove Unused Masters--> Remove Unused Shaders afterwards.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

thanks!! :exclaim: