How do you get genital colours to match dark characters?

rogerjhardy100rogerjhardy100 Posts: 286
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ3D offered the new Apollo figure for M6 todayt. The problem I have is the same I have had with characters that do not have Nevio skin tones. M6 uses 'Nevio All' and that covers everything but the others do not and when Nevio is chosen it doesn't match, mainly because Nevio uses UV mats that are pre-coloured. Gianni has a corrected tone but others (Suleiman, Sheppard, Jayden etc) do not. I've had a look at the surface color editor and tried to use it but it's far too confusing. Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

First, Nevio is just the name of the default character - it isn't a technical term for a type of map or anything like that. Yes, if a character doesn't come with its own maps for the genitals you can, in principle, tint the default textures (or another texture set that is closer in tone) to match, but the result will probably be imperfect. The colour chip and the map colour are multiplied together to get the final colour, so if you get the map colours for the groin area you should be able to figure out what you need - for example, if the Nevio maps are red = 200, green = 190, and blue = 90 (made up numbers) and the Apollo maps are red = 190, green = 180, blue = 75 then you want the diffuse R, G and B to be

190 = 200 * R / 255
    180 = 190 * G / 255
    75 = 90 * B / 255

Multiply both sides by 255
    190 * 255 = 200 * R
    180 * 255 = 190 * G
    75 * 255 = 90 * B

Divide each side by the existing colour value
    190 * 255 / 200 = R = 242
    180 * 255 / 190 = G = 241
    75 * 255 / 90 = B = 213

And you could do the same for other colour maps. Plain colour values can just be copied across.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276
    edited December 1969

If you don't need anything too detailed, one could copy a genital texture from Nevio... open in Photoshop or Gimp, open the dark texture and manually adjust the genital texture until it matches. This will be imperfect since the real textures are meant to be on geografts so the creator to into account the topology, freckles, moles and sss settings but it might do in a pinch.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,540
    edited December 1969

This is my solution for generic ghenitals in poser and may or may not work for you.

Make yourself a trans map with a smooth gradient all along the edge where it matches to the body of the character. This will allow the genitals to blend in more smoothly regardless of the color.