vanished content

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

With no scene loaded I was browsing my Studio4.7 (latest official release) content pane in the "folders" sections (not categories) when all of a sudden my content pane went blank. WTF! I can't get it back. I rebooted the computer. I checked to see if the DAZ Content management service was running (it is), I rescanned my known content directories, no luck. HELP! Arghhhhhh

The directories are there and readable because if I do a search using the Content Pane it finds items but doesn't show the tree or folders. i.e. I can search but can't navigate the hierarchy. Arghhhh

MissingDAZlibs.JPG
937 x 361 - 47K
Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It looks like you might have accidentally collapsed the middle bit of your Content Library tab. Look at the little dark patch directly above "0-0 of 0". Click on that, and see if your middle bit reappears.

I wish DAZ would make this more difficult to do by accident, I think I've been using D|S longer than you have, and I still do it sometimes. :-S

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited December 2014

It looks like you might have accidentally collapsed the middle bit of your Content Library tab. Look at the little dark patch directly above "0-0 of 0". Click on that, and see if your middle bit reappears.

I wish DAZ would make this more difficult to do by accident, I think I've been using D|S longer than you have, and I still do it sometimes. :-S

Ah ha! That was it. Found a middle bit and pushed it but didn't quite do the trick, only opened a set of check-boxes as to what types of items were to be displayed or searched for. Then I examined it closer and realized that there were TWO of those little "middle bits" one above the other I made sure they were both selected and my hierarchy came back. Yea! Thank you!!! :-)

Sigh... middle bits. Yeah, I've been known to fold up when someone presses my middle bits too!

Edited to add:
    Interesting that in my original screen snap there was only ONE middle bit. But when I recreated the situation with the check-box pane closed and the hierarchy pane closed there are TWO middle bits as shown in the image below. Curiouser and curiouser!

TwoMiddleBits.JPG
    554 x 254 - 18K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on