slow moving in viewport

jstiltonjstilton Posts: 134
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi,

i wonder if there is any way to find out, in case of a very slow moving scene in your viewport, if there's any particular props/models that cause the slowness? (other than eliminating every object, one by one)
i'm having a scene that shouldn't be slow (given my computer configuration) but motion when panning etc is slow as hell.

thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,045
    edited December 1969

Well, a quicker (in theory) option than deleting one by one would be to delete half, then the other half and see which was quicker. Then delete alternate halves of the slower half and compare those, and then halve the slower of those etc. But no, I don't think there is a way to tell by inspection alone - though the Scene Info pane would help you to see which items had the most polygons.

• jstiltonjstilton Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

thanks richard, for pointing me to the scene info pane.
    is there a way to tell which numbers are like maybe too high? (so high that they would seriously slow down working?)

at first sight this scene i'm talking about is less complicated than others which go much faster

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,045
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure there is a hard-and-fast rule. Higher will certainly tax the system more than lower, other things being equal, but of course they rarely are equal.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

most of the time the lag in preview screen is "MESH SMOTHING" disable it or reduce to 6 that help

• WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

You can also try, Edit/ preferences/ Interface/ Display optimizations and set to 'Best'

Untitled2.jpg
    999 x 554 - 296K