flock of birds ?

I have a question. I want to depict a flock of birds in the sky. what is the best way to proceed. create individual birds and then replicate them? with Replicator this would be a way or is it easier, Thanks :)

Comments

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308
    edited July 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

PySwarm?

it is for Win Only. :(  i use a Mac. 

Post edited by Khoe on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Khoe said:

I have a question. I want to depict a flock of birds in the sky. what is the best way to proceed. create individual birds and then replicate them? with Replicator this would be a way or is it easier, Thanks :)

yes , make a wavy plane and hide it and then replicate the birds upon this plane . You can play with the x y z rotation in the replicator to angle  them slightly differntly to add diversity.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited July 2021

I used one of my hilly terrains

Bird Flock 1.png
    2810 x 1038 - 807K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175

Headwax said:

Khoe said:

yes , make a wavy plane and hide it and then replicate the birds upon this plane . You can play with the x y z rotation in the replicator to angle  them slightly differntly to add diversity.

A variation on the theme would be to use two imbricated elongated sphere to give volume to the flock. It would also simulate typical flock pattern with packed birds on the front, most of it in the wide middle and few behind.

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308
    edited July 2021

yes it works fine. my first test.

now i must find better Birds ::)

vogelschwarm.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 125K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175

Khoe said:

yes it works fine. my first test.

now i must find better Birds ::)

If they're like tthat in the background, you can use my Cutout plugin to create them from images. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Songbird ReMix at Rendo has flock formations

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

You don't mention animation, but if you get to that point, I like Particle Illusion, a 2D particle overlay program that has a LOT of presets, including bird flocks.  It will, of course work on a single frame, meaning a still image.  I use the paid plugin version with Vegas, but has a free standalone version:

https://borisfx.com/products/particle-illusion/

Herer is an example I did, the birds start ~0:57:

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

The Flock Gulls and Crows

works easily in Carrara yes