Sci-Fi Fantasy Con Props!

I would love a convention center with folding tables that operated (i.e.rigged) and with and without skirting. I would like back drops and prints, t-shirt displays, etc.Convention  center bathroom (befopre con, during con and after con (pig sty)). That an dtable displays for your new comic , comics, crowd control barriers, etc.

Comments

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited July 2021

Interesting idea!

And, By Grabthar's Hammer, it should be filled with Questerians!

Post edited by Chumly on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited July 2021

Chumly said:

Interesting idea!

And, By Grabthar's Hammer, it should be filled with Questerians!

To the great Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman (21 February 1946 – 14 January 2016) may he rest in peace. 

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

I'd love this environment too  but I'd run in terror at making it due to the sheer number of small props that would be needed, not to mention the texturing of all those props.

Things like the bathroom could be done with other sets + grunge shaders and general litter props. The hall itself and the tables would be easy enough. Perhaps texturing the floor with those temporary carpets that they put down to form walkways (or having those as separate props). I'm thinking there'd need to be a stage area or a raise bit with a long table for panels and/or famous-group signing sessions.

Do you have any reference pics for the kind of look you want?

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Renderosity has the 'Monto Varchi Expo' product which has some of what you want, perhaps?

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited July 2021

I hear what your are saying Ostadan.
    That Monto Varchi Expo' looks pretty good.  I think the expedient thing would be getting that expo, and then Fiddle-Faddle-ing it to meet your requirement.  Change the company signs etc etc... Youd have to take your already owned Sci-Fi assets to fill the booths.  Scale Space Ships and Star Wars/Space characters  down, then create instances to put them on tables.  Yadda Yadda.  
    Challenge Accepted RKane?

Post edited by Chumly on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

Sylvan made Market Stall which has a table that might be able to used. Another thought I had one time was using billboards from River Soft Art to populate the crowds, but couldn't props be also made as billboards? The Denver Con seems to have lots of swords and sorcery, sci-fi, fantasy, comics, fandom stuff, along with local college/university's art/engineering schools displays and don't forget programs for the younger kids... And book/comic stalls and their attendent authors...