What is CarraraTors ?

0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
edited January 2015 in Carrara Discussion

If you haven't come across this site before it is a community project for people passionate about Carrara software and Animation.

So that's it folks ! CarraraTors is for Carrara Animators.

Here is what a few members have to say about it found in this thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29707/P45

**********************************************************************************

RICHGELLES

and BTW folks anyone interested in animation with Carrara should take a peek at

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#

and see whats going on there—-its a place specificaly for animation in and with Carrara —-and its just starting up so its a small group so far who are participating but everyone is super friendly and helpful. Its really about 2 things—-making animations and learning how to do better making animations with the emphasis on learning and helping each other out. Its good stuff.
Its run and created by 0oseven so check it out.

Rich

**********************************************************************************
DARTANBECK

Wow!
Carrarators site for Carrara animation enthusiasts has really come a long way since my last visit… and I loved it then!

Checking out mmoir’s latest video tutorial from the site’s “Tutorials” > “How Tos” section, I did a quick (I have so little time these days downer ) peruse through that tutorials section, only to find that there has been a lot going on there! I will definitely try to visit there a lot more often, and hope to contribute to it as soon as I sort out how to get more Carrara time, which is a difficult fight right now. My poor workstation… it must be pretty upset with me right now….

I love the layout. Double O Seven has certainly put a lot of effort into making the place a fun, movie-inspired hangout for Carrara artists to gather, so we can learn and share together… enjoy a nice movie… what a blast!

Bravo, 0oSeven and the whole Carrarators Team!!!

JOEPING

I just have to chime in on CarraraTors. I LOVE THIS SITE!
Since I started using Carrara, they have been very friendly and an valuable source for animating knowledge. OOseven has given the Carrara community a great place to discuss and learn new animation ideas.
If you haven’t checked it out, you owe it to yourself to sign up.
DUDU

What I like in “Carrarators”, it is the spirit to learn oneself and to learn with the others. Ones existing level of knowledge is not important and it is very pleasant to take part in the small exercises based on topics.

For example, there was the challenge “Bouncing Ball”, I was surprised with the various ways of making a ball rebound …
Me, I was quite naturally going to the physics engine of Carrara but some others wanted to try to control animation in graphic sequencer…

Well , if you have read this far - Thank You ! Check out the website and forum and we hope to see YOU participate soon.

Post edited by 0oseven on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up. Looks great. I have never rendered an animation in Carrara. Can you believe it? But Mmoir's recent tutorial thread and the jump thread have inspired me. It is my New Years resolution for 2015 to try my hand at some animations and I'm sure Carrarators will be a great resource.

Fantastic job, folks.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Hey Guys,

Carrarators , is a great start if you are interested in animating in Carrara, it is definitely a step in the right direction to sign up there. I am anticipating it to grow by leaps and bounds(forgive the animation jargon:-))
    I am really hoping Carrarators will encourage/inspire many Carrara users to try their hand at animating.

Congrats to Ooseven on this site it is a valueable resource for Carrara animators.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

This is good, I was hoping to get people to try their hands at animating.:-)

diomede64 said:
    Thanks for the heads up. Looks great. I have never rendered an animation in Carrara. Can you believe it? But Mmoir's recent tutorial thread and the jump thread have inspired me. It is my New Years resolution for 2015 to try my hand at some animations and I'm sure Carrarators will be a great resource.

Fantastic job, folks.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

mmoir said:
    This is good, I was hoping to get people to try their hands at animating.:-)

Awesome!
    This world could use a lot more Carrara Animators! Good idea! :)
    Welcome aboard, diomede! You'll rock at animation... I just know you will!
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

Fantastic job, folks.

For some reason, that really surprises me. I think you could do really well with animation.