Vector blur for Daz Studio (someone needs to make this)

My biggest grievance with DazStudio is the absence of motion blur, if not for animation purposes, even still images should have motion blur. You can see it just by looking at the catalog or the gallery, plenty of images that suggest action, but everything is just frozen mid-air, nothing is really moving.

Now i have been using Blender for quite some time and am quite familiar with the compositor, there is this amazing node that can take a completed render, and use the existing color data to add some amazing looking motion blur outside the render engine. Basically you create a simple animation but you render only a single frame, you will have to check a box to make sure the render also calculates the vector data based on the animation you created. In the compositer where one can edit the image, they can pull up a node and add the vector data so image processing will add motion blur in post.

Its not perfect, but its pretty amazing, now if someone can make a plugin for DazStudio that applies the same principle it would change the way renders look, i myself would be using it all the time. If only there was a way to export vector data from a Daz Studio render into Blender compositor would actually suffice for me.

Yet i have i heard DS5 is on its way, i don't know if there will be options for motion blur, maybe someone can confirm or deny. But for the current render engine using Iray it would be an excellent solution to an existential rendering problem for many artists. I'm not going to render 30 images of the same instance for a tiny bit of blur, life is too short, i refuse to comply. But if anyone is able to make a plugin, please do as such and throw it up it in the shop, i need this dearly.

Comments