Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,740
    edited July 2021

Aiko & Buster

Aiko 3 Buster 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

As I peruse and very-much enjoy your explorations, a couple of things occur to me that seem worth mention (but perhaps not :), and in no particular order.

- you are wonderfully prolific, and it looks like you are having a lot of fun. this is really inspiring. truly.

- before your gallery/thread here, I would have believed that 99% of these 'effects' could really be, well, tacky - efforts to hide flaws or other failings in the underlying works, but not only do you have a knack for making the specific effects and mixes of them compliment the underlying imagery, but you've really shown me that these tools can add a whole new dimension to a piece and reenforce the underlying idea of it. I'm kind of humbled by this newly appreciated vast potential because of your consistently thoughtful and relevant applications. I would have discounted these resources. Thanks for the exposure.

- your gallery has shown me how 'human' centric I tend to be. While I enjoy the effects on your variety of themes - the skies, the vegitation, the paiterly variations, etc., I've noticed how sucked-in to the human-related scene I apparently am... sort of a 'cool, cool, cool, ... wow, that vicky kicks it in this one, cool, cool, neat, cool, oh, nice thoughtful mood in that vicky... etc. :) - but, please keep the variety, I just noticed the effect on myself due to your continuity and variety. Seemed interesting as a self-observation. Your dinos, aliens, and other ani-monsters are the bomb too.

- I apparenlty like saturated colors :^)

So ya, I hope these comments are interesting, given how much energy you share with us. Your work is a treat.

thanks,

--ms

Thanks Mindsong

Nice feedback, much appreciated !!!!

I have set myself a few tasks:-

1. Do at least a render a day

2. Use up that big stash of items I have collected over the years

3. Explore the artistic side of NPR

Getting everything to merge is sometimes a challenge, but yes I have been having fun along the way.

Glad there are also others enjoying the travels !!!

edited July 2021

Another Aiko

Aiko 3 Mediteranean 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    edited July 2021

One more...

Aiko 3 Future Ice 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

@Bunyip02 - I would like to second what Mindsong said (except being human centric).  I haven't been keeping up enough to comment on all your renders but I enjoy them very much.  

edited July 2021

I also find it interesting that when younger, I was a stickler for perfect/crisp/clarity and detail. As an 'elder', I've come to love the impressionism that lets the mind fill in the gaps and enjoy the ambiguities of the universe. (eta: that last aiko shot is great)

That a stick-man animation can draw a tear indicates that the story and ideas really carry the value, and the presentation is the icing (or distraction from the lack of story!).

That SteveK can crank out a compelling story and animation of it in 48 hours is appreciated at a whole new dimension after one tries his/her own hand at either part of that task.

To my 'human centric' comment - that it was such an automated response for me was my point, where it reminds me of how much of my life is habit vs. my belief that it's intention. Each of your images is appreciated as it stands - even more-so now that I've recognized my 'habit'.

Both your range of subject matter and the variations in styling are a big part of the appeal of your explorations.

best,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Part of the art of art is to suggest rather than perfectly describe. That engages the viewer’s emotions , but also makes the viewer bring their own experinces as part of the interpretation of the piece. Bunyip’s images are a great example of this. ,! 

Three Removalists

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Headwax said:

Three Removalists

This is very cool and painterly done. The lighting is pleasant and composition is just perfect.

Thank you Veronika :) I've been relighting my works using a normal map and affinity photo live adjustment layer

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

yep, very cool going through the daily images ... too many to comment on so I just look as they go up yes

@Headwax, seems the mother of two of those removalists has passed away with covid alone at home frown

Stezza said:

yep, very cool going through the daily images ... too many to comment on so I just look as they go up yes

@Headwax, seems the mother of two of those removalists has passed away with covid alone at home frown

oh that's very sad. I had a poem I'd written to go with the image but on googling it seems that they might be 'innocent' of wrong doing - a victime of our media state.

Hope you are well. We have a new vaccination hub here. Today they were supposed to 5000 with Pfizer

Diomede, mindsong, Headwax, thanks for the thumbs-up, glad you are enjoying the journey as much as I am !!!

Headwax said:

Three Removalists

Awesome !!!

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

oh that's very sad. I had a poem I'd written to go with the image but on googling it seems that they might be 'innocent' of wrong doing - a victime of our media state.

Hope you are well. We have a new vaccination hub here. Today they were supposed to 5000 with Pfizer

Sad news about the mother, goes to show that people need to take Covid seriously !

edited July 2021

Alien in a tunnel

Alien Tunnel 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M

Headwax said:

Three Removalists

Wow!  This is amazing.

edited July 2021

Alien on a spaceship bridge

Alien Bridge7 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    edited July 2021

Bunker

Bunker 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M

Bunyip02 said:

Alien in a tunnel

Very cool.  I like the choice of backlighting.  Shadow helps tell a story.

thanks Bunyip02 and Diomede. I've discovered putting a gel on the lights helps to break down the realism sometimes. Gets rid of those perfect planes we find in 3d.

Also relighting with the normal pass is a realy epiphany.

Bunyip02, reminds me of the time traveller show I loved as a kid. Time Tunnel - I still wear skivvies The Time Tunnel (TV Series 1966–1967) - IMDb

Diomede said:

Bunyip02 said:

Alien in a tunnel

Very cool.  I like the choice of backlighting.  Shadow helps tell a story.

Thanks !!!

Headwax said:

thanks Bunyip02 and Diomede. I've discovered putting a gel on the lights helps to break down the realism sometimes. Gets rid of those perfect planes we find in 3d.

Also relighting with the normal pass is a realy epiphany.

Bunyip02, reminds me of the time traveller show I loved as a kid. Time Tunnel - I still wear skivvies The Time Tunnel (TV Series 1966–1967) - IMDb

Thanks !!!

edited August 2021

Droid

Droid Toon 1 Tpz PhtDnt.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    edited August 2021

Another Droid

Droid Toon 2 Tpz TpzSmplfy.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    edited August 2021

And one more....

Droid 1 TpzSmplfy.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

Bunyip02 said:

Droid

it'd be better if it were a vicky... :^)

i really like this technique, and I have to admit, the droid is a cool little bugger.

--ms

Bunyip02 said:

And one more....

well, it's a female, so there's that! heh.

This effect is interesting. That the hard outlines fade into the shadows is really kind of neat.

I'm not sure when I would use it, but I would be totally stoked when the time was right and the image called for it.

Could you do a human figure with this recipe? I'd be curious how that blockiness would work with it...

--ms