Tattoo Feature?

Member_257874Member_257874 Posts: 76
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello

Is it possible to have tattoo with Daz Studio? A tattoo would be a transparent texture (alpha) that is baked on top of the actual skin. It could provide tattoos, makeup, bruises, spots, freckes and so on or even stockings. Is that somehow possible in Daz and if not, wouldn't that be a possible feature for future releases? As far as I know, I now have to paint everything on the skin texture and I could not interchange tattoos on different figure materials without finding and editing every material for the certain character and a tattoo layer would make this much more easy to use.

Happy new year
-mph

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

You could use the Layered Image Editor (LIE). It's built into the latest verions of DAZ Studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ONS2y7iqo

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LIE as Cris mentioned above is one method but you can beat Photoshop with layer blending, blur and colour control

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

"As far as I know, I now have to paint everything on the skin texture and I could not interchange tattoos on different figure materials without finding and editing every material for the certain character and a tattoo layer would make this much more easy to use."

Using Photoshop/GIMP etc paint it on a transparent layer, save just that layer (as PSD or png), then overlay it on another texture.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited January 2015

I suppose it depends on how realistic you want things, me I am a bit anal and find LIE lacking, But if you don't care about such things then yes LIE is an excellent tie saving part of DS.

Post edited by Szark on