Beta Stopped Working?

BratpiperBratpiper Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Been using the Beta version full time, Just this morning I'm getting following message "Carrara has stopped working" on trying to start it up.
Worked fine yesterday - Suspect time limit kicked in as it's Jan 1st now?
Just checked the original build (243), and that's still working fine.

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Mine still works (other than the smart content, which I still can't get to appear)

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I had this issue too after midnight. It seems that the cause is the LuxCore which expired.
    I downloaded the latest LuxCore from the thread below and everything is back to normal:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50130/P105/

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Okay, this is weird. I'm having exactly the same issue with my C8.5 (build 204) and it started today as well, the weird part is that I never installed the beta because I never saw much reason to. So does Carrara have some inbuilt self destruct timer or does it not?

P.S: I already reinstalled Carrara twice (with anti virus deactivated) to no avail.

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Okay, this is weird. I'm having exactly the same issue with my C8.5 (build 204) and it started today as well, the weird part is that I never installed the beta because I never saw much reason to. So does Carrara have some inbuilt self destruct timer or does it not?

P.S: I already reinstalled Carrara twice (with anti virus deactivated) to no avail.

See my post above yours.

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Eyos said:

See my post above yours.

Wow, you're right, thanks, that solved it!

• BratpiperBratpiper Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Thanks Eyos, that's cured it.
    I'd installed Luxcore not long after buying LUXUS so I was a bit wary of spending days redoing all textures a second time, especially as it's only Beta. After a quick look, I thought I'd wait for Luxcore to mature more, and basically then forgot about it.