LED Signs

Needed quick help with LED Signs by Denki Gaka

No manual appears to be in the package(s) 

Needed assistance with changing/animating LED

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,241

The signs will only display in Iray preview mode or renders since they use Emission only. The LEDs are not individually controlled, it is just a screen over which a normal image file is displayed. Animating it would mean changing the image every frame. Post-work would probably be easier.

• HabatchiiHabatchii Posts: 12

Is there a way you know to write scripts for the frames? DAZ Script?

And how are the images applied?

Images are applied like any other, usually with a material preset, or any preset that can change a surface setting. In this case, the material presets only change the Emissive channel image, and nothing else. There is a product for 3DL that automated all of that process (Animated Textures Script Pro for Daz Studio 3 & 4), but I do not know if it will work with the Iray render engine or shaders. The developer of that particular product passed away a few years ago, and I do not know if anything like it has been made for Iray. I am not familiar enough with DAZ scripting, but if it was done once, it could be done again. Maybe someone else knows more...

• I hate to sound like a total goof, but I'm also having an issue with this package. (I'm very sorry to hear that the artist passed away.)

One of the material presets, the Scrolling Sign - Alphabet claims to come with an LED Alphabet and that you can craft your own signs from that. But, I honestly can't see anything that indicates there's an alphabet associated with that material. It's not even something like "The quick brown fox...." to at least give all the letters that way. I was definitely going to make my own signage with this, but I truly can't figure out how other than to somehow grab the LED alphabet from all the other signs, build something in Sketchbook, and then try and force it to fit over the bar itself. Is there no other way?

edited July 2022

There is a ReadMe page with notes: LED Signs [Documentation Center] The character set is actually on the bitmap used for the scrolling sign messages. The messages are all on the same image, using different offsets. You would have to copy and paste the individual letters out of the last four rows on the bottom left. There is room for 12 messages on the top, so you don't have to actually change the material settings, just the vertical and horizontal offset. Sounds tedious, though.

Just noticed how none of the messages matches its thumbnail...

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 472

Has anyone contacted the PA as to how to make your own signs since that is part of the marketing on the store page ("You can create any message you need to brighten up your store front or office.")?  I can load the image map in Photoshop but after that, I'm lost.  :(