Selling products (none Daz store)

cosmicdawnseriescosmicdawnseries Posts: 193
edited July 2021 in Art Studio

Hello I'm currently working on a web series called cosmic dawn, I use Daz 3D models from the store to animate the show, I want ask a few questions if anyone can help 

I want sell some products like mugs, shirts etc using the characters in the show, so do I need to buy any licenses or anything before I can ? Or am I not allowed ? 

thank you 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Carrara SDK question.

2D art work, still images (such as the ones printed on your mugs) and animations, are covered by the standard license - you do not need an Interactive License unless your use involves distributing a version or derivative of the 3D mesh or textures as 3D data.

• thank you! sorry for the long reply but I mean stuff like this on a mug or shirt or something? thanks for your reply :)  

vallooo2.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
  • Yes, you can put any 2D render of content from ther Daz store on a mug or shirt or whatever and sell it - the only exceptions would be cheats, for example putting a texture on a plane and rendering it flat on (which would effectively be giving away the original map) and the (now very old) Anne Marie Goddard digital Clone for Victoria 3 which did add a few additional restrictions.

• ok thank you for answering, I see well I won't do that you mean like the map surface textures, etc? I just want to sell my characters on shirts and mugs and stuff with my logo :) thanks for your help