New tutorial using Face Transfer on Genesis 1 to use in Carrara Pro 8.5

cynthia1968cynthia1968 Posts: 34
edited July 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Hello world,

I've been experimenting a lot with Daz Studio Face Transfer and make it work in Carrara. As you probably know, Face Transfer only works on Genesis 8 models. But luckily, there is a way to get it working on Genesis 1 using Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis. Unfortunately, if you want to load the new Genesis 1 model (after using Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis), the model looks distorted.

But like I stated: there's a way to make it work in Carrara--perhaps more then one way. I created a video tutorial how to use the skin textures on a Genesis 1 model in Carrara. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said, there's more than one way to skin a cat, but this is the way I get it done.

TTFN

Post edited by cynthia1968 on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

can it transfer V4 and A3 faces to 8.1?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

cynthia1968 said:

Hello world,

I've been experimenting a lot with Daz Studio Face Transfer and make it work in Carrara. As you probably know, Face Transfer only works on Genesis 8 models. But luckily, there is a way to get it working on Genesis 1 using Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis. Unfortunately, if you want to load the new Genesis 1 model (after using Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis), the model looks distorted.

But like I stated: there's a way to make it work in Carrara--perhaps more then one way. I created a video tutorial how to use the skin textures on a Genesis 1 model in Carrara. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said, there's more than one way to skin a cat, but this is the way I get it done.

TTFN

thanks for that tut ;)

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited July 2021

cynthia1968 said:

Hello world,

TTFN

oh this is a good one - thanks a zillion for taking the time to put this together and share it with us.

edit to add: after watching this, would I be correct in assuming we could use any (similar) native body skin for the original genesis1 figure and then only need to follow your instructions for the new face transfer *face* map only? The neck seams might need some retouching for the best match/transition, but using your steps, the face would work, and the body would not need the extra steps since it would be native Genesis1, right? This is great. (yes I appreciate that you indicate many ways to do this, but it seems like this step would make your already clear instructions even easier!)

+++

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

Fantastic, Cynthia!!! What a great workflow!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Thank you very much.  Very generous to put this video together.  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

Diomede said:

Thank you very much.  Very generous to put this video together.  

+1!!! yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

yes +2 yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

appreciate the video but honestly I prefer Facegen which works in Carrara out of the box on Genesis 1&2 and does side profiles as well as front on.