Update Announcements

FenricFenric Posts: 351
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Advanced Shader Tweaker 1.1

- This small update makes running Carrara's "Optimize Shaders" function optional

BVH/PZ2 Exporter 2.0

- This adds a "trial version" to the product: it will export 10 frames, and work for 10 minutes.
- This version corrects the Genesis hip translation issue
- The full version must still be purchased from DAZ.
- This patches the DAZ version of the product: save off your old ".txt" and ".dat" files, leaving only the ".mcx" file which will be detected and act as your license key.

MDD Format 2.0

- This adds a "trial version" to the product: it will export 10 frames, and work for 10 minutes.
- This version has a number of tweaks for fixing UV mapping, improving stability, and improving Genesis support.
- The full version must still be purchased from DAZ.
- This patches the DAZ version of the product: save off your old ".txt" and ".dat" files, leaving only the ".mcx" file which will be detected and act as your license key.

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Thanks Fenric!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Thanks Fenric for this update but...
    Is this for Genesis only ?
    Here, Victoria 3 after MDD import in Marvelous Designer: :vampire:

MDD_v2.JPG
    368 x 714 - 33K
  • FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited January 2015

Thanks Fenric for this update but...
    Is this for Genesis only ?
    Here, Victoria 3 after MDD import in Marvelous Designer: :vampire:

:(

Fix one thing, break another. I'll look into it.

Ok... that's really weird. I can export and re-import into Carrara without any trouble. I wonder what it is that MD doesn't like.

Is that the object itself that is getting mangled, or after you apply the MDD file?

Post edited by Fenric on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I think that you are right, it is Marvelous Designer which doesn't like that !
    I exported the avatar (here V3) as .obj and it's correct in Carrara…
    The avatar without animation is correct too, it is right after the loading of the .mdd animation.
    I think that it should be waited until Marvelous Designer updates it too !
    I don't have Lightwave, I don't know if that works with it.
    But the first version works well, I replace it in Carrara !
    Thanks a lot ! :-)

edited January 2015

Huh... that certainly makes it sound like the vertex order in the MDD file is wrong... but it's not: I can re-read it with Carrara. Well... that update is not much use if MD can't use it - the only people using MDD are also using MD. I'll have to pull it for now.

Edit: Messiah Studio was able to process it, so there's certainly something odd going on. I just don't understand why files from the old plugin work.

Post edited by Fenric on
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited January 2015

I purchased MDD plug-in and never could get it to work in MDD for LW 11.6.

MDD format also shows up on import in Carrara, but gives an error from LW baked MDD files.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
    edited December 1969

I would need to know the details of "didn't work". Importing into a destination application is a two-step process: import the OBJ file that the MDD exporter created, then importing the MDD information into the app. Which step failed, and exactly what went wrong?

Importing into Carrara is a single step process: the MDD importer looks for a PAIR of files: MyFile.obj and MyFile.mdd Unfortunately, import failures are usually "An Error Has Occurred", and so I need a set of simple sample files (obj+MDD) to have any hope of trying to figure out why an import into Carrara didn't work.

Generally, failing on importing into Carrara has been because of bad data in the OBJ file, and that is the bulk of what my patch was addressing. It made the import much more stable in the face of things like disconnected vertices, two-point faces, and invalid UV references (references to index numbers that don't exist in the file).