UPDATED ANATOMY - Internal Organs & Skeletons

It would be nice to have the M4/V4 Internal organs and skeletons updated to the gen 8 /gen 3 level.
Additionally, greater polygonal resolution in each would be wonderful.

Comments

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

What he said. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502
    Failing a complete re-modelling, a series of morphs to make the models fit correctly into the G8 body envelope so they could be fitted by the user to G8 would be useful, like a wearable preset.
  • andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342
    edited July 2021

count me in for wanting this, and it's already been said here a lot of times in the past.

Post edited by andrushuk1 on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,521

Additionally, greater polygonal resolution in each would be wonderful.

... those organs are already quite a lot of polygons, if I remember correctly.

richardandtracy said:

Failing a complete re-modelling, a series of morphs to make the models fit correctly into the G8 body envelope so they could be fitted by the user to G8 would be useful, like a wearable preset.

As someone who's actually done a thorough G8 conversion for them, the problem is more about the rigging than the morph, because the rigging needs to be re-done, but isn't redistributable, unlike morphs.

(And I will also say that it's one of those things that seems way more useful than it is. I was really keen to get them, but now I can't think of much to do with them).

With a pose transfer script that pretty accurately mimics the source figure, I think it could give a close fit and make the shape morph more useful. The script could be run after posing G8F, and the V4 internal bits posed to match by the script. If the internal organs have a rigging identical to V4, then I imagine the G8F to V4 pose transfer script I wrote (https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86893/g8f-to-v4a4-pose-transfer) would be applicable. If the internal organs don't have the complete rig, then I could tweak the script to accommodate the fact some parts of the rig may be missing.
  • It would be wonderful to have an updated (gen 8) skeleton and internal organs and muscle maps

• I use skeletons all the time with medical illustrations for patient positioning. I also have used the internal organs a few times in illustrations and animations. I have a potential piece coming up that would focus on lungs and the rib cage. I'd use the heck out of them, personally.

The organs are nice as they are... the skeletons aren't very polygonally dense. Those can use some greater resolution.  I know that these models exist out on turbosquid,etc...  but gosh,there wouldn't be the rigging and compatibility and everything else that makes the DAZ Studio environment such a joy to use

Thus, again, I beg beg beg please update them

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Threads merged. Please don't start thread on the same topic you've already posted. Continue to use hte same thread

• charlescharles Posts: 810
    edited July 2021
    The current skeleton is pretty low grade poly and doesn't subdivide well. The organs rigging is just as bad on a g8 as the skeleton but can be managed. But honestly it's really not that great and could be vastly improved. And adding a muscle and vascular layer graphs would be ideal. Actually this might be my next big project calling.
    Post edited by charles on
  • Well we have coral heads and mecha dinosaurs... who wants silly things like skeletons and organs.  Is there an emoji for GSW to the head?

• Well, I did play about with the M4 skeleton, saved it as an obj and generally messed about with it and got it inside G8F. Which has led to one or two odd images. Not least of which is this one:

The skeleton is inside an invisible G8F. The skeleton's hair and dress are parented to the G8F, but the dress was simulated after hiding G8F.

As I said, an oddity.

Regards,

Richard.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

blainemiller said:

Well we have coral heads and mecha dinosaurs... who wants silly things like skeletons and organs.  Is there an emoji for GSW to the head?

There's coral heads and mecha dinosaurs???!!!! AWESOME, gotta get me some of that!!

i wonder if we can get organs and skeletons for the mecha dinosaurs??

• HAHAHA FSMC

Yep. Coral heads, it's a real product. Well, it's head wear...

https://www.daz3d.com/coralynn-headwear-and-collars-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Richard and Tracy
    Cool image... Easy, right?... no messing around there, huh?  
    Yes, you can work around it, but it's a glitchy pain in the @ss,isn't it?... and then you don't dare get too close-up on the skeleton or the polys show...

Wouldn't it be nice to have (a) product/products that move with the more realistic modern figures?
    I'm not knocking v4... but stack her against one of the more recent figures, and there is no comparison. The subtlties aren't there... e.g.

https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-base
    vs.
    https://www.daz3d.com/caprica-hd-with-hd-expressions-for-genesis-81-female
    https://www.daz3d.com/brooke-8-1
    https://www.daz3d.com/kayo-8-hd-add-on

nuanced details... asymmetrical forms, cellulite, natural breast shape, folds, wrinkles...

Same for the male figures...
    https://www.daz3d.com/zale-81-hd-add-on

I think the next generation of figures will breathe and perspire, and...

But anyway...  that was a really neat image you did... I really like the hair on the skeleton.. pretty cool & creepy. 

• I did say that I messed around a bit. TBH, my renders tend not to be that close up, so the lack of geometry is much less of an issue for me than some. I don't like to have to use V/M4 anything, I must admit, which is why I tried to fit it inside G8F in the first place. I regard this as an interim kludge until a better solution comes around... However, the image almost made it all worthwhile Regards, Richard.
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,145
    I wouldn't mind a complete refit of them to G8. Especially, since I never really use V4/M4. (Main reason I don't really want to buy them.) As for polys, the refits can always be given optional HD details that can be dialed in, like the G8 figures themselves. (The G8 figures have less polys than Generation 4. So I'm applying the same logic to this scenario.)
  • I mean since fantasy and such seems to be the predominant seller, there is always zombie food, dragon food, mecha dragon food, steam punk dragon food, steampunk zombie, dino food, steampunk mecha zombie dino coral head food.. Who doesn't love a good entrail samwhicch with a side of metatarsels?

• Cool... another 3 dozen longerie options, more armor, 14 new breast squishes, a slew of new ninja poses and the same outdated internals. how about it.

edited June 2022

Oops, duplicate post separated by months.

Post edited by richardandtracy on