Daz Dog moving unexpectedly?

yolukoyoluko Posts: 2

I have an issue that only crops up with the Daz Dog 8, not any other figure (although it occurs on all the dog characters I own). Whenever I move the dog using the x,y,z translate sliders, the legs and occasionally the torso will bend, despite the whole dog being selected. The dog will also move as normal, but the legs will shift position. It's making it almost impossible to create scenes because every time I try to make fine adjustments to the animal's position, it changes its pose.

Any idea about why this is happening and how to fix it?

PS: I tried to add a picture to show what was happening, but it didn;t want to load. I did manage to add it as an attachment though.

dog sample.png
1000 x 1000 - 595K

Comments

• Which version of Daz Studio?

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897

Is it possible that this is something to do with IK being enabled on the dog, Richard? I have a similar problem with the Daz House Cat when I load it into a scene, and disabling IK on the cat solves it.

• Yes, there was an issue that was - I thought - resolved a few versions back, which was why I was asking about the DS version.

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 264

Last happened here on 4.14, have not tested on 4.15 yet.

• yolukoyoluko Posts: 2
    edited July 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Which version of Daz Studio?

4.15 Pro

Quixotry said:

Is it possible that this is something to do with IK being enabled on the dog, Richard? I have a similar problem with the Daz House Cat when I load it into a scene, and disabling IK on the cat solves it.

What is Ik and how do I go about disabling it on the dog model?

EDIT: So I went to edit>figure>Inverse kinematics and unchecked enable IK. Played around, same problem. Tried unchecking enable IK and enable pins, still same problem. So unless there's a step I'm missing, it might not be that. (I still have no idea what Inverse Kinematics is).

Post edited by yoluko on
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897

Yoluko, you did what I would have suggested in turning off the Enable IK option. That worked for me when I tried it out on the dog today. I'm also using 4.15, if that helps anyone figure things out. I have to admit that I'm not totally clear on what Inverse Kinematics are either. When I was trying to sort out the dog, I also deleted the nodes in the Scene tab that were labeled 'IK.' You have to expand the figure in the scene tab to find them.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

Yes, it happens to me too on DS 4.15.

I tried to outsmart DS and lock all the nodes before translating the dog, but then DS says, "I see what you did there" and crashes on me.  And sometimes DS crashes on me when I just select the dog.  It's a very annoying bug.

• yolukoyoluko Posts: 2

Quixotry said:

Yoluko, you did what I would have suggested in turning off the Enable IK option. That worked for me when I tried it out on the dog today. I'm also using 4.15, if that helps anyone figure things out. I have to admit that I'm not totally clear on what Inverse Kinematics are either. When I was trying to sort out the dog, I also deleted the nodes in the Scene tab that were labeled 'IK.' You have to expand the figure in the scene tab to find them.

I missed the IK nodes on the model itself. Deleting them fixed the problem. Thanks!