Timeline cursor problem

0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am running Carrara 8.5Pro Build 243 64bit - This is a fresh install using DaZ Install Manager.

What I have noticed and it may have been present before I reinstalled, is that when playback of an animation is activated ( click play button) the cursor does not move across the timeline. Same if using shortcut key ( / )

It is the same also when I drag the cursor. As I drag, the object animates in the viewport but the cursor does not move until the end animation is reached.

An I imagining things ? Has it always been like this ? No it hasn't - To check, I just installed C8.1.112 and cursor behaviour is fine.

Thoughts please - is this a bug introduced with C8.5 ?

Does this also happen in the new 8.5 beta. ?

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

For me, both the Timeline and the Scrubber cursors move in realtime when either are dragged, or when the play button is clicked.
    I'm using the same 8.5Pro .243 64bit build. You didn't mention your OS. Mine is the Mac version.

Maybe it has something to do with your OpenGL display driver implementation.

timeline_cursors.png
    584 x 205 - 40K
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Weird !!

I posted a comment few days ago- at least I thought I did - it was not here when I looked just now.

I posted that I had resolved the problem. My Browser Tray was in "float mode" and when I docked it the cursor behaved normally again.

I dont know if we regard this as a bug ??

Anyway thank you for your response and suggestions.