Embarrassing question...

Does the Daz to Unreal Bridge transfer a G8 character to UE4 along with JCMs and the result imported into UE4 with a skeleton that allows me to pose the character from within UE?  I ask because I've downloaded the bridge, transferred a character over, but see no method to access its skeleton and pose the character.  Obviously i'm clueless about using UE, but willing to learn, but before I do, can someone let me know if there is a doable and if so, is there a tutorial anywhere?  i.e., all the other bridges transfer the figure over with a corresponding skeleton that is weighted and ready to pose.  

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• @jeff_someone, the Unreal bridge does transfer JCM's and applies tham as a Post Process graph on the skeleton.

Posing in UE4 is still a pain as far as I am concerned though with the new Control Rig is becoming much better. I believe the bridge can/does create a Control Rig as well.

• jeff_someonejeff_someone Posts: 254

IAmJasonWeise said:

@jeff_someone, the Unreal bridge does transfer JCM's and applies tham as a Post Process graph on the skeleton.

Posing in UE4 is still a pain as far as I am concerned though with the new Control Rig is becoming much better. I believe the bridge can/does create a Control Rig as well.

Thanks for the reply...I'll have to play around more in U4 because I can't even find where the Control Rig is :) 

IAmJasonWeise said:

@jeff_someone, the Unreal bridge does transfer JCM's and applies tham as a Post Process graph on the skeleton.

Thanks for the reply...I'll have to play around more in U4 because I can't even find where the Control Rig is :) 

• You will need to enable it under plugins :)

IAmJasonWeise said:

You will need to enable it under plugins :)

ha thanks will give it a shot 

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

if you just want to import character for render and no animations, you can just import the character already on the pose you want in daz to unreal, you just have to tel to both daz and unreal to import the character with the current pose, it will import the character in the pose you want and you just have to place it in the scene in the pose, for a single render it can be fine but if you want to maybe make like a comic and have multiple poses for the same character then indeed would be better use the control rig to pose the character in the scene in unreal or find a proper way to export only the pose in the same way you can export animations to unreal from daz, maybe david can give you a help on that.

Ellessarr said:

if you just want to import character for render and no animations, you can just import the character already on the pose you want in daz to unreal, you just have to tel to both daz and unreal to import the character with the current pose, it will import the character in the pose you want and you just have to place it in the scene in the pose, for a single render it can be fine but if you want to maybe make like a comic and have multiple poses for the same character then indeed would be better use the control rig to pose the character in the scene in unreal or find a proper way to export only the pose in the same way you can export animations to unreal from daz, maybe david can give you a help on that.

Ok, thanks.  Yeh, I've spent the last year using Blender with Daz figures and I have that pipeline down pretty solid...  was looking to see if I could same using UE and maybe leverage its renderer instead of EEVEE for real-time/near real-time.  It just seems it'll be much more challenging given the state of the bridges for UE. 

• Senor_MonkeySenor_Monkey Posts: 124

You can export a pose from Daz3d into Unreal as an animation, and then edit the animation to create new poses. Use Movie Render Queue in UE4 for higher quality renders.

Senor_Monkey said:

You can export a pose from Daz3d into Unreal as an animation, and then edit the animation to create new poses. Use Movie Render Queue in UE4 for higher quality renders 

Hmm, ok thanks.  Wish there a video on youtube that showed import of a rigged character into UE. 

• Senor_MonkeySenor_Monkey Posts: 124

I've got a few tutorials on my channel. What do you need exactly? 

Senor_Monkey said:

I've got a few tutorials on my channel. What do you need exactly? 

What's the link to your channel?  I'll like to check out what you have.