Normal Map Fusion (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited January 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Welcome to the Normal Map Fusion Thread. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the product. Product is yet to be released.

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 795K
Popup_2.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 686K
Popup_4.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 959K
Popup_5.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 992K
Popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 664K
Popup_7.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_8.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 936K
Popup_11.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 999K
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2021

Sure, you can edit them manually in an image editor one map at a time, but then you are overwriting an existing file unless you save a new one and link that to your skin. Also transparency (alpha) is not the correct way to blend normal maps which preserves detail. You need a specific overlay function like in photoshop to do that for normal maps, we created a new blend process to mimic this that studio was not capable of.

This also saves out a new normals set leaving source maps intact and auto applies it to figure. You can also live preview the blend strength of maps and changes on the fly.

End of the day this was designed so you won't have to leave studio and can do everything inside it, and it does it faster than the manual editing process.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

Zev0 said:

Hi Guys. Been spending some time on this..In a nutshell you will be able to blend normal maps from different characters of same UV.

You can blend in specific body parts and leave the rest alone via a new smart mask option we developed. EG blend in only head and arm details.

You will also be able to save them out via a unique scripted preset that can be applied to any character using same UV. More details to follow when everything is finalized.

Sounds interesting. Guess it will support both G8M and G8F plus 8.1? 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Zev0 said:

Hi Guys. Been spending some time on this..In a nutshell you will be able to blend normal maps from different characters of same UV.

You can blend in specific body parts and leave the rest alone via a new smart mask option we developed. EG blend in only head and arm details.

You will also be able to save them out via a unique scripted preset that can be applied to any character using same UV. More details to follow when everything is finalized.

Sounds interesting. Guess it will support both G8M and G8F plus 8.1? 

From G3 to G8.1 both male & female. We included G3 support since base UV is the same as G8.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

This sounds very interesting!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Nice to see that this is finally out!  In the cart now. :) 

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Hi Zev0, what technique is used to blend normal maps?

Thanks.

edited January 2022

Hi. It's a custom action we created for studio. We had to create a new blend method that didn't exist.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hello, 

Is this a Merchant Resouce?

Thank you!

• savoy02 said:

Hello, 

Thank you!

The product itself is not a merchant resource. However, it can be used to blend different normal maps together to make a new one for a merchant resource. The only catch is you cannot use normal maps from characters or other purchased sources(texture packs) that specifically prohibit any portion(in part or in whole) of the texture(s) from being copied/edited and then sold/distributed. For personal use you can do whatever you want, but when making a merchant resource for distribution, you need to be mindful of the resources you're using to make it & any constraints tied to those resources in this regard. For example, you will not be able to blend the normal maps of any characters sold here at Daz and sell/distribute the resulting normal map as a merchant resource as that would be copyright infringement, at least as far as I know.

magog_a4eb71ab said:

savoy02 said:

Hello, 

Thank you!

The product itself is not a merchant resource. However, it can be used to blend different normal maps together to make a new one for a merchant resource. The only catch is you cannot use normal maps from characters or other purchased sources(texture packs) that specifically prohibit any portion(in part or in whole) of the texture(s) from being copied/edited and then sold/distributed. For personal use you can do whatever you want, but when making a merchant resource for distribution, you need to be mindful of the resources you're using to make it & any constraints tied to those resources in this regard. For example, you will not be able to blend the normal maps of any characters sold here at Daz and sell/distribute the resulting normal map as a merchant resource as that would be copyright infringement, at least as far as I know.

Yes that is correct.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

Hello!

I'm sorry, but I'm in need of some assistance.  I clicked the "product support icon" in the script (I think) and this is where it took me.  Basically, I'm able to add the script to my toolbars and I can check to verify if Normal Maps exist in a preset (It says "JOY! they do", or something similar), but when I click to launch the main script it doesn't see the normals I want to blend in.  I can't browse there manually, either.  Is there a step I am either missing, or is there a commonly ask question page or something I should reference?

Thank you very much!

• Hello,

I have the same promblem as duckbomb. It is not possible to blend in a second characters normal map.

Thank you

• Please video tutorial!!!!!

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670

Will this work with Studio version 4.14.08?  I have G8F selected in viewport with normal maps on, tried launching NMF for first time.  All I got was error message: "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details."

Log file simply states:

2022-05-04 16:12:49.893 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/normal map fusion/normal map fusion.dse
    2022-05-04 16:12:49.893 Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/normal map fusion/normal map fusion.dse

Hi. Earliest is 4.15.0.2

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670

Thanks.  Looks like I'll need to install the Public Beta version then.

• No way to make it work in DA 4.20.

After the blended image appears the program stops. No buttons appear in the pop up window, apart from the usual Minimize, history and cancel buttons, if I close the blended image the programs stops

• Here is where the script stops.

Windows 11, Intel I9, Nvidia RTX 3080 with 16 GB Vram, 32 GB ram, MSI notebook, nvidia game driver updated

Immagine 2022-06-03 002901.png
    3840 x 2160 - 4M
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Can we get some clear instrutions on how to choose another set of normals the script keeps telling me to choose a duf when I do it tells 2 dufs can not be selected 

francesconeto said:

Here is where the script stops.

Windows 11, Intel I9, Nvidia RTX 3080 with 16 GB Vram, 32 GB ram, MSI notebook, nvidia game driver updated

Can I get a log file when this happens please. Thanks

• edited June 2022

Zev0 said:

Welcome to the Normal Map Fusion Thread. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the product. Product is yet to be released.

Hello, I just recently purchased this product and I've been experiencing an issue with the dialog box for the blending process not fully popping up so I can click the "Next" button to complete the blending process. I can see the normal map but just not the bottom portion and there is no option to make it ful screen. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated, thank you. Other than that you make awesome products!

(Edited by mod to fix formatting)

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited June 2022

Hi. Have you tried pulling the corner window to expand until you see the bottom options?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hello. I'm having the same issue as the above poster. I just recently purchased this product and I've been experiencing an issue with the dialog box for the blending process not fully popping up so I can click the "Next" button to complete the blending process. I can see the normal map but just not the bottom portion and there is no option to make it ful screen. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated, thank you.