Big Stompy Robots

In the styles of Pacfic Rim, Robotech and Battletech/Mechwarrior and of course pilot outfits as well.

Thinking more along the lines of more realistic style rather than anima style.

Supporting buildings, space craft and vehicles would be cool as well.

Comments

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

There are plenty in the store. Just go through Sci-Fi genre.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Zaciszna Dolina said:

In the styles of Pacfic Rim, Robotech and Battletech/Mechwarrior and of course pilot outfits as well.

Honestly your best option would be to go to one of the Patreon fed figure conversion guys and ask them to start porting over models from MWO/MW5/Battletech and other games such as the failed Heavy Gear game that no longer works but is still for sale on steam.

Their comission prices aren't that bad an compared to creating a new character morph and making the clothing work, rigging a giant stompy robot wouldn't be that pricy.

As for the Heavy Gear style, Heavy Gear Blitz is a complete failure of a game that doesn't work but the models look good and I actually have extracted the game assets. I need to learn rigging one of these days...

• Don't forget to check the EULA before doing any conversions, and especially before asking others to do conversions for you.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Richard Haseltine said:

Don't forget to check the EULA before doing any conversions, and especially before asking others to do conversions for you.

At least in the case of Mechwarrior, Piranha Games has made it long clear that they don't care as long as you don't sell it.

They even have threads on thier own forum about ripping and using the models to do your own thing.

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/85411-how-to-create-your-own-art-using-pgis-mechs/

• watchdog79 said:

There are plenty in the store. Just go through Sci-Fi genre.

I looked through a ton of them in the store, they are just not really want I'm looking for.  Looking for less terminator/chappie/drone and more someone is driving this thing.  If that makes any sense.

• Psyckosama said:

Zaciszna Dolina said:

Honestly your best option would be to go to one of the Patreon fed figure conversion guys and ask them to start porting over models from MWO/MW5/Battletech and other games such as the failed Heavy Gear game that no longer works but is still for sale on steam.

Their comission prices aren't that bad an compared to creating a new character morph and making the clothing work, rigging a giant stompy robot wouldn't be that pricy.

As for the Heavy Gear style, Heavy Gear Blitz is a complete failure of a game that doesn't work but the models look good and I actually have extracted the game assets. I need to learn rigging one of these days...

Actually, that hadn't really occured to me to try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Richard Haseltine said:

Don't forget to check the EULA before doing any conversions, and especially before asking others to do conversions for you.

Definitely, I've seen the long term problems from this kind of thing.  Just look at the whole, Harmony Gold, FASA, Big West, Harebrained Schemes, Piranha Games, Catalyst Games Labs situation.  It has amounted to decades of problems.

• Psyckosama said:

Richard Haseltine said:

At least in the case of Mechwarrior, Piranha Games has made it long clear that they don't care as long as you don't sell it.

They even have threads on thier own forum about ripping and using the models to do your own thing.

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/85411-how-to-create-your-own-art-using-pgis-mechs/

Thanks for the info!